This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If guns dissapeared from video games... What would you do?

#71nazacuckooPosted 1/9/2013 11:20:32 AM
MrBathingApe posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
the video game industry would be so much more creative again like the 80's and early 90's.

yeah, that wonderfully original era where every other game was a side scrolling platformer.

Agree that you don't need guns in TR though.

I couldn't agree more.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#72vigorm0rtisPosted 1/9/2013 11:21:48 AM
I already play plenty of games without guns, so... nothing. I just play those more.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#73pothocketPosted 1/9/2013 11:26:06 AM
If guns were banned from videogames I'd use it as a case study to show how the death rate of virtual NPCs has not changed and thus guns are not the problem. Then I'd use that to draw direct real world comparisons as evidence that removing guns from society will not lower the rate of violent crimes.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#74blingusPosted 1/9/2013 11:31:50 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
Nice.

Then maybe the beat em up genre could make a triumphant return!

EXACTLY! More fighting games; my favorite genre.

If guns were removed I'd be upset because I'm a 100 percent pro 1st and 2nd amendment Libertarian US citizen. Ironically, I'm also a pacifist who believes that "violence breeds violence" but will defend myself and loved ones to the death. I'm also an owner of over more than a single firearm.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#75blingusPosted 1/9/2013 11:37:06 AM
redskinStu posted...
Get a samurai sword

You mean Katana.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#76creep50Posted 1/9/2013 11:37:55 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
MrBathingApe posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
the video game industry would be so much more creative again like the 80's and early 90's.

yeah, that wonderfully original era where every other game was a side scrolling platformer.

I couldn't agree more.

the problem is tho that the FPS these days dont even try to be different from each other

there are very few fps that dont pick atleast 2 of these

1.sprint button where the character puts the gun down
2.regenerating health
3.iron sights
4.2 weapon limit
5.expandable crosshair
6.set in the military

sure there where alot of side scrollers in the 80s-early 90s....but aside from having a jump button and some of them a shooting button....most of them played differently (with few exceptions)
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#77Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/9/2013 11:39:02 AM
Play skyrim and racing games.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#78lightfighterPosted 1/9/2013 11:41:45 AM
Play Skyrim.
#79natevinesPosted 1/9/2013 11:41:48 AM
creep50 posted...
nazacuckoo posted...
MrBathingApe posted...
oasisbeyond posted...

I couldn't agree more.

the problem is tho that the FPS these days dont even try to be different from each other

there are very few fps that dont pick atleast 2 of these

1.sprint button where the character puts the gun down
2.regenerating health
3.iron sights
4.2 weapon limit
5.expandable crosshair
6.set in the military

sure there where alot of side scrollers in the 80s-early 90s....but aside from having a jump button and some of them a shooting button....most of them played differently (with few exceptions)

And I could quite easily generate a list of six items and say that very sidescrollers in the 80s-early 90s didn't pick two of. Your point is completely moot.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#80creep50Posted 1/9/2013 11:43:00 AM
pothocket posted...
If guns were banned from videogames I'd use it as a case study to show how the death rate of virtual NPCs has not changed and thus guns are not the problem. Then I'd use that to draw direct real world comparisons as evidence that removing guns from society will not lower the rate of violent crimes.

that would not prove whether guns are the problem... it would prove that video games are not
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4