This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We pay $60/year to get more ads. YAY!!!

#1zzamaroPosted 1/9/2013 12:42:10 PM
Only on xbox:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/expect-more-xbox-live-ads-6402159
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#2gabriusPosted 1/9/2013 12:44:35 PM(edited)
Sorry, I'm not stupid enough to pay anything close to $60/yr for XBL. Most of us aren't.

You're on your own here, kiddo.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3TBONE_OGPosted 1/9/2013 12:46:16 PM
Sorry, I'm not stupid enough to pay anything close to $60/yr for XBL. Most of us aren't.

You're on your own here, kiddo.

This.

And the ads are no big deal.
---
Always O.G.
#4NixemoPosted 1/9/2013 12:48:21 PM
Yeah, first response makes a good point. You can get a year of XBL for close to half that price.

That said, the ads do annoy me a bit. I don't like the concept of paying for online and getting bombarded with ads. But the thing is, can you blame MS? They're making millions off the ad space, you'd do the same if you could.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#5glassghost0Posted 1/9/2013 12:50:13 PM(edited)
YOU pay $60 a year.

I don't get why people complain about this. I've never been bothered by any ad on the dashboard, heck, some of them even give you free codes/themes/pics/avatar stuff
---
Signature OFF
#6OverburdenedPosted 1/9/2013 12:51:14 PM
Why do people get annoyed about it, you pay for the online service and apps etc, the adds are just there.

You turn your xbox on to play a game or use an app etc, I press the play game widget or scroll across to YouTube or whatever, the adverts don't even enter my mind.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#7shotgunheadshotPosted 1/9/2013 12:53:00 PM
I think the service should be free. Half the year i play single player games and i dont constantly play online,so i feel ripped off when my gold expires.
#8glassghost0Posted 1/9/2013 12:53:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9bob15xPosted 1/9/2013 12:55:06 PM
Look at how much money MS and Sony were losing with their consoles. And people come out and call them greedy for Ad revenue. Sony will adopt more ads too.

You are not greedy if you want to make a profit and not lose money for first 4 years. Otherwise the companies will opt out of making consoles. Would you rather that?

Ads don't bother me because they are not in my face and distracting, don't even notice them.

If they get like the annoying ads on the internet where you are on a webpage and try to click a link but a big ad is pushing the screen down loading an annoying in your face, won't let you surf, hide the X so you can't close it AD, that is another story. Personally, I think ad executives are idiots lately. I see in your faces ads like that, to me, it is a guarantee I will never buy your product.

So, as long as that does't happen, I am good.
#10CapnStankyPosted 1/9/2013 12:56:39 PM
Idiots pay 60. Smart people pay 30-40. And we pay so we don't get junk service like they have on the Wii U and PSN.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.