This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We pay $60/year to get more ads. YAY!!!

#11squarex8264Posted 1/9/2013 12:57:27 PM
I don't think you really read the article...

Although the article mistakenly shows a picture of the Dashboard, they are specifically calling out the interactive ads that play while watching some of the media apps like Hulu or IHeartRadio. The ads that ask you to vote on them, not the stationary ads.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#12glassghost0Posted 1/9/2013 1:03:00 PM
Hulu has ads so they can have shows on there the day after they air

people cry over everything
---
Signature OFF
#13natevinesPosted 1/9/2013 1:09:23 PM
glassghost0 posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...
I think the service should be free. Half the year i play single player games and i dont constantly play online,so i feel ripped off when my gold expires.

it would be shiite if it were free

Right, we prefer it be Sunni

Heh.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#14EatYourViberPosted 1/9/2013 1:12:24 PM
I want my ad free Blades Dashboard back!!! Simple fast & no Lady GAGA & all that other crap the media tries to push on to me!!!
---
Goldman Sachs owns Mitt Romney & Obama. Both will pledge their allegiance to the banks not the people. Wake up sheepe!
#15AkaimizuPosted 1/9/2013 1:16:31 PM
bob15x posted...
If they get like the annoying ads on the internet where you are on a webpage and try to click a link but a big ad is pushing the screen down loading an annoying in your face, won't let you surf, hide the X so you can't close it AD, that is another story. Personally, I think ad executives are idiots lately. I see in your faces ads like that, to me, it is a guarantee I will never buy your product.

So, as long as that does't happen, I am good.

You have no idea how often I've been saying the same thing. Those web page ad executives are indeed idiots. The one thing that angers any Webpage user, or any kind of computer user is anything that gets in the way of their interface. It's basically interface hijacking and does precisely the opposite of what we (as programmers) learn in interface 101.

Simple theory. If your ad placement angers your audience by taking their control away from them, that's a sure-fire way to *not* sell your product. They are not going to buy it. Keeping ads non-intrusive is the way to go, I've even used an app before where I even praised the creators for *better* use of ad placement. Ones which keep it out of the way yet still visible and allows me, as a user, to *venture* to find out more if I'm interested.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#16-Damien-Posted 1/9/2013 2:22:21 PM
YAY!! Only on Xbox
#17_S0FTButtCheeksPosted 1/9/2013 2:24:12 PM
lol @ people attempting to defend M$
---
instagram.com/softbuttcheeks
Broncos > poop > your favorite team
#18DonomegaPosted 1/9/2013 2:26:45 PM
Usually around Black Friday someone has a pre-paid 12 month Live Gold card for $29.99 here, this year I got one with an extra Month included
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
Xbox Live: RobDaCool
#19f3l1xxx672Posted 1/9/2013 2:27:30 PM
Why do people care who pays for what? People pay $7.00 for a pack of smokes, Does that sound crazy, yep! but people still pay it . Complaining does nothing except make you look whiney.
---
Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words describing the impact materialise out of thin air
#20CammyApplePosted 1/9/2013 2:30:18 PM
I always picture the folks that post these topics as booting up the xbox and going through every tab just getting more and more pissed at the ads.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.