This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We pay $60/year to get more ads. YAY!!!

#41kingwutuguPosted 1/9/2013 5:45:28 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy!
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#42KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 5:46:49 PM
bob15x posted...
Look at how much money MS and Sony were losing with their consoles. And people come out and call them greedy for Ad revenue. Sony will adopt more ads too.

Yeah right, MS losing money?

They charge you for pretty much everything, have ads on the dashboard, take a percentage from digital purchases on XBL(from what I've read), make Xboxes break like they're made of cheese so you have to repair it or buy a new one, and you think they lose money?

Just wait until they put ads in every game you play; you'll think them greedy soon enough.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#43LotrMorgothPosted 1/9/2013 5:55:01 PM
didn't read any of topic. . .

MS getting more ads helps to prevent the price of the service from going up

ads are easy to ignore

win-win
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#44Satchmo25Posted 1/9/2013 6:21:38 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
bob15x posted...
Look at how much money MS and Sony were losing with their consoles. And people come out and call them greedy for Ad revenue. Sony will adopt more ads too.

They charge you for pretty much everything, have ads on the dashboard, take a percentage from digital purchases on XBL(from what I've read), make Xboxes break like they're made of cheese so you have to repair it or buy a new one, and you think they lose money?

Just wait until they put ads in every game you play; you'll think them greedy soon enough.

please explain Sony and their DRE fiasco of the PS2 and the YLOD fiasco of the PS3 and NOT having an extended warranty to deal with those issues and yet they lost even more money than MS
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#45IKnowGameFuPosted 1/9/2013 6:42:10 PM
Brumakbbq posted...
CapnStanky posted...
Idiots pay 60. Smart people pay 30-40. And we pay so we don't get junk service like they have on the Wii U and PSN.

No matter how you spin it, paying 30 dollars a year for ad's and renting the ability to play any game you OWN online is still incredibly wasteful. I've never subscribed to any console service but at the very least you get discounts and even free games with PSN+.

This. Whether you pay $60 or $30, you're still letting Microsoft bend you over. You're not smarter than the "idiot" who paid $60.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#46XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/9/2013 7:03:08 PM
I hate how the whole motion that if I pay 60 for online im an idiot. Its tied to my credit card and I just have it auto renew and its not like im struggling with finances that I need to find other ways to get it cheaper no im content with it because its convenient and its not a cost issue.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#47kingrat2314Posted 1/9/2013 7:08:39 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Idiots pay 60. Smart people pay 30-40. And we pay so we don't get junk service like they have on the Wii U and PSN.

Except PSN and whatever WiiU has isn't junk.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#48KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 7:10:35 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
bob15x posted...

please explain Sony and their DRE fiasco of the PS2 and the YLOD fiasco of the PS3 and NOT having an extended warranty to deal with those issues and yet they lost even more money than MS

Microsoft has almost always had XBL on their consoles(unlike Sony), so they've profited from digital purchases and memberships longer than Sony.
Also, Xbox 360s seem to break faster than PS3s(I treated my 360 well, and it still had the RRoD after about 2 years...but my PS2 and PS3 haven't had problems since I bought them)

So, there's part of the reason that Sony lost more money.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#49PwnostarPosted 1/9/2013 7:42:50 PM
Do people actually just stare at their dashboard all day and get angry about ads? Really?

I'm on the dashboard for 10 minutes (at most) out of gaming sessions that can last up to 2 hours. I can't believe people actually get this upset about something which you won't even notice once you start playing your game, movie, etc.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#50TrickyPonyPosted 1/9/2013 11:57:34 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
bob15x posted...

Microsoft has almost always had XBL on their consoles(unlike Sony), so they've profited from digital purchases and memberships longer than Sony.
Also, Xbox 360s seem to break faster than PS3s(I treated my 360 well, and it still had the RRoD after about 2 years...but my PS2 and PS3 haven't had problems since I bought them)

So, there's part of the reason that Sony lost more money.

Pretty sure the rrod's not covered by the extended warranty were VASTLY outnumbered by ylod's and dre's which Sony refused to address with a warranty ended up making Sony a lot more money due to rebuys yet they lost more money