This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's not violent video games that are the problem..

#1OrgeLambartPosted 1/9/2013 11:58:12 AM
It's the fact that sex is so taboo, why is it cool to blow away hundreds of digitalized people but not cool to see a couple of naked pixilated females? I don't understand this logic, also sex being taboo can lead to people being more violent. You don't hear about people going out and killing other people after they've been intimate.

You do hear about people going crazy and killing people if they haven't been intimate with another person for years.

Just some food for thought, lets have more sex in video games and less gun violence, I think that's a fair trade off right? Here goes something interesting to think about.

CBS got fined 550,000 dollars for Janet Jackson's super bowl mishap, but show scenes of violence and death every day. How many times did they repeat the planes crashing into the world trade center?
#2TantrumBullPosted 1/9/2013 12:01:31 PM
The biggest problem is coming from people that only know how to run off emotions and refuse to use logic when dealing with things that happen. they can make all the idiotic gun bans and blame video games all they want but in the end that will never stop people from going out and killing someone if that's what they are hellbent on doing.
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#3DXiRoNMaNPosted 1/9/2013 12:01:42 PM
please...it's not too much or a lack of any content. the most violent places on earth often have no TV or video games
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#4OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:03:09 PM
I'm just saying, you want to cut out violence, increase sex. Sex makes you happy, so it kind of seems illogical to make sex taboo.

The only issues araises from someone who wants to combine the two of them....
#5natevinesPosted 1/9/2013 12:04:12 PM
You're the first person who's ever pointed out the fact that violence is more acceptable than sex.
Mind = blown
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/9/2013 12:05:00 PM
Violence makes fun video games, sex does not.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#7EatYourViberPosted 1/9/2013 12:09:29 PM
Perhaps it is all the government sponsored drugs that are PUSHED/ prescribed to children to treat the growing number of autism & other brain disorders popping up from the food & water we all drink/eat. The majority of these drugs cause cancer & depression & are more dangerous than many illegal drugs. The fact that all these mass shooters were on anti depression pills does not seem to impress anybody!!!
---
Goldman Sachs owns Mitt Romney & Obama. Both will pledge their allegiance to the banks not the people. Wake up sheepe!
#8natevinesPosted 1/9/2013 12:12:46 PM
EatYourViber posted...
The fact that all these mass shooters were on anti depression pills does not seem to impress anybody!!!

I don't really get this. You ever notice there's a lot of anti-psychotics being used in psych wards?

SO MAYBE THE ANTI-PSYCHOTICS CAUSED THE PSYCHOSIS?!!

Or, maybe - just maybe - the people who tend to be mentally unstable enough to carry out mass shootings also tend to be medicated for psychological issues.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#9OverburdenedPosted 1/9/2013 12:15:52 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Violence makes fun video games, sex does not.

Leisure suit lar... I see your point.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#10TheBlueStigPosted 1/9/2013 12:16:42 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
It's the fact that sex is so taboo, why is it cool to blow away hundreds of digitalized people but not cool to see a couple of naked pixilated females? I don't understand this logic, also sex being taboo can lead to people being more violent. You don't hear about people going out and killing other people after they've been intimate.

You do hear about people going crazy and killing people if they haven't been intimate with another person for years.

Just some food for thought, lets have more sex in video games and less gun violence, I think that's a fair trade off right? Here goes something interesting to think about.

CBS got fined 550,000 dollars for Janet Jackson's super bowl mishap, but show scenes of violence and death every day. How many times did they repeat the planes crashing into the world trade center?

You claim that violent games aren't the problem in THIS topic, but in a previous one you said they were the problem....

OrgeLambart posted...
I never said that Video games cause mass shootings, i said they can alter the way someone's brain works and help make them more prone to aggression, it's been proven over and over again.

How about you make up your mind which side of the fence you're gonna troll before you post again, pick a side and STAY THERE.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin