This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's not violent video games that are the problem..

#51OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:28:56 PM
His point wasn't valid sure finding a link to say no link or only a casual link is easy peasy, but he instead choose to link an opinion piece, Then he deided to curse, and curse and curse. Yeah if you want to get across a point, you can do it without the curses. When you curse, it just makes people think you have nothing else to say.

Again I'll say it, you can't link violent video games to mass murders a clear and difinitive link can be made to violent video games having a direct effect on the chemicals in your brain for hours after watching the violent movie or playing the violent video game. Tried to find the link but as I've already said I no longer have access to ebscohost. (that's a database of educational information, since seeing from your post I know you don't know what ebscohost is, typically used when writing reports.
#52TheBlueStigPosted 1/10/2013 2:49:16 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Then he deided to curse, and curse and curse. Yeah if you want to get across a point, you can do it without the curses. When you curse, it just makes people think you have nothing else to say.

Only people with very small, very arrogant minds think that way, the rest of the 7 Billion people on the planet simply don't give a s*** about swearing because they don't look down their noses at other people.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#53AlakahkidPosted 1/10/2013 4:23:29 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
but it can turn make someone who would normally be clam and cool in a situation into a rage induced ready to fight person.

Bull. F***ing. Monkeys***.

There's far more "studies" that show violent games to be a cathartic release for people so they don't keep it bottled up and snap completely.

And seriously, Fox News? Using the News media as a source is bulls*** because they'll bash anything and everything that takes away from their ability to scare people into irrationally fearing things that shouldn't be feared.

you made my case with all your vulgar post, someone disagrees with your opinion (you have provided zero links to prove your point.) Also every other sentence you toss out curse words. Maybe if you played less video games and picked up more books you could actually have a conversation with someone who holds an opinion that differs from yours. You know instead of bursting into vulgarity like it makes you look tough or something on the internet. I hope you are a child, that way you still have time to grow up, if you are an adult, I fear for the life you lead.

My predictions, lots of drinking with that temper you seem to have, i'd be certain you'd wind up in jail, typically for spousal abuse. Probably for something as stupid as making meatloaf when you wanted pork chops. I would tell you to reread my post and think about what you've been posting in response but i'm sure that would be equivalent to a herculean task for you.

This guy is killing me with his "Miss Cleo" predictions. Get out into the world, you'll find many people cuss at one another when making a point and having an argument and rarely does it lead to a physical confrontation. My wife and I have done it a few times, and even while drinking but I would I never lay a hand on my wife other than to help her up.

Bluesig I like and agree with your points. We're not children. We're free to pay attention, ignore, succeed and fail all by ourselves. We don't need government to hold our hands from cradle to grave, we can make our own decisions and live with the consequences. The way I see it, government has 2 jobs, deliver the mail and protect our borders from invasion. Since they can do neither well, why would we allow them more responsibilities?

BTW, your signature is just as true today (if not, more so), as it was 250 years when originally stated and also one of my favorites by old Benny-boy.
---
XBox GT: Rue McClanahann