This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 surpasses 360 in sales

#101nonexistingheroPosted 1/10/2013 2:13:00 PM
flame030191 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
darealest47 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

Considering that the ps3 came out a year later than the xbox 360 and had an arguably inferior online this is really good for Sony. You got to give them credit where credit is due.

While the 360 still gives the better online multiplayer experience and still has the best downloadable exclusives (non-retail), the Sony's PSN has surpassed Xbox Live in all other ways by now. More and better discounts, rest of the content is about equal. And PS+ gives a whole lot more value for your money than Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox Live Gold has become pretty stagnant by now. MS doesn't really give a f*** anymore about providing the best online service.

I still don't get why people say why Xbox Live is a better MP experience. They both use the same servers and thus have the same ping rate. The only difference is the system itself, which neither processes internet at different speeds. Online is purely the same between the two systems when you have your modem set IP right. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and more can and will confirm this.

That's just outright false. I've played Xbox 360 online and PS3 with many people. The PS3's online is either just as good or worse. Yeah, it's doable for most games. But for fighting games it really isn't. On Xbox Live I can easily play with people from just about anywhere in the world without any noticable lag. Meanwhile, I only have pretty much no lag on the PS3 if it says I have the best connection AND play with someone in Europe. Even if there's a totally green connection with someone from the US or Japan in SSF4, there's usually still some noticeable lag (I'm in Europe).

PSN's good for being a free network that offers fairly good online, but don't go around spreading lies.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#102Darth_ElusivePosted 1/10/2013 2:13:20 PM
Pigfarts posted...
Sarlacc posted...
MS bringing up the rear in console biz since its started

Sony Fanboys like you who's sole intention on this board is to troll know all about bringing up the rear.

PS3 and xbox are on par no matter what fanboys or trolls on either side think. Though wii sold the most it was b/c of kids and old people

PS3 = XBOX360 > Wii U > Wii

IMO

Agree.

I don't understand why at this point some PS3ers and 360ers can't make friends with each other.

The common threat is the Wii U. The last thing I want for next generation is developers shifting their valuable resources to make causal games for Wii U.

Yes, the Wii U is still at its infancy, the hardware is not worthy of being called next gen and third party support is meh. But never underestimate Nintendo.

So, PS3ers and 360ers, just go enjoy your own consoles and continue support them. And don't buy anything Nintendo.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#103pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 2:15:25 PM
jimvandamme posted...
Still (unfortunately) embarrassing for a full year.

Wonderbook?

I'm still embarrassed at what they did to Star Wars (dancing? Really???)

Clearly not familiar with Star Wars canon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4

Wonderbook? Let me Google that real quick, be right back.

Dear. Lord. That's a thing? That is terrible and amazing at the same time. I must find me a cheap one on ebay!

(good thing Sony gave up on the move pretty easily)

As for that youtube link....

You bastard.
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#104flame030191Posted 1/10/2013 2:17:39 PM
flame030191 posted...
darealest47 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

Considering that the ps3 came out a year later than the xbox 360 and had an arguably inferior online this is really good for Sony. You got to give them credit where credit is due.

While the 360 still gives the better online multiplayer experience and still has the best downloadable exclusives (non-retail), the Sony's PSN has surpassed Xbox Live in all other ways by now. More and better discounts, rest of the content is about equal. And PS+ gives a whole lot more value for your money than Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox Live Gold has become pretty stagnant by now. MS doesn't really give a f*** anymore about providing the best online service.

I still don't get why people say why Xbox Live is a better MP experience. They both use the same servers and thus have the same ping rate. The only difference is the system itself, which neither processes internet at different speeds. Online is purely the same between the two systems when you have your modem set IP right. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and more can and will confirm this.

That's just outright false. I've played Xbox 360 online and PS3 with many people. The PS3's online is either just as good or worse. Yeah, it's doable for most games. But for fighting games it really isn't. On Xbox Live I can easily play with people from just about anywhere in the world without any noticable lag. Meanwhile, I only have pretty much no lag on the PS3 if it says I have the best connection AND play with someone in Europe. Even if there's a totally green connection with someone from the US or Japan in SSF4, there's usually still some noticeable lag (I'm in Europe).

PSN's good for being a free network that offers fairly good online, but don't go around spreading lies.

The PS3 needs different ports and stuff available on your modem than the Xbox, and most people fail to realize this. Thus, I guess I see why people assume Xbox Live is just better, especially seeing as most ISPs automatically have Xbox ports opened, but not PlayStation's for some reason.

But again, set them up the way they're supposed to be, and every game is pretty much the same between the two systems. Yes, porting can cause some framerate issues that sometimes gets mistaken as lag for online play, but it happens to each system as well (BF3 on Xbox has less stable framerate than PlayStation, where CoD is the opposite, for example).
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#105AkaimizuPosted 1/10/2013 2:18:34 PM
flame030191 posted...
darealest47 posted...

Party chat is a big thing. But let's get into the mechanics past just that. Xbox live provides default libraries to utilize VC for every game in existence on the platform. It's all consistent across every game on the platform. Sony puts the effort for all online capabilities simply with the individual companies providing service. To a bigger degree, PSN is just a small connecting hub for which very separate and completely independent services run. Due to memory limitations and such, Sony can only provide a subset of services, in comparison, that run while other programs are running. Generally all relating to Message Notification, and the ability to post and receieve messagaes. Simply messaging another person is forced to jump through a few more hoops since it doesn't provide a quick home-button menu to get to it.

This means, some things release with inconsistent results, forcing them to patch later to provide better communication. Even if that individual company falters in delivering good Chat performance, there's the Xbox Live layer that always provides solid communication over a different service that may run rock solid. Case in point. Friends playing Phantasy Star Universe, or Minecraft. Yes, they may try using the game's own chat, but sometimes, that company or server falters in connections, they can fall back to the party (or individual if only 2 people) to get better connections. With PSN, you don't have that option.
Let's just give another real world example. My and My friend both have PSN and Xbox Live. We agree we couldn't wait for Dead Nation on PS3. We got the game, but then we realized a number of things.

1. This is a difficult action game for which your two hands are in use, constantly. Not much of a breather.
2. There is no Voice Chat at all.
3. There is no in-game text chat at all.
4. The game practically calls for communication during gameplay, ala L4D.

So what happens? Using the PS3 message system has us going through too many hoops to bring it up, select the player from our list, move the cursor around to select the icon to the message, swap to a keyboard (at best) to type it, send it off, and then come back into the game from the menu. Thing is, the only thing we can use it for is to let someone know we have to leave. We basically ended up using Live to communicate while playing Dead Nation. They eventually fixed it over 2 months later, but by then, my friend had moved onto other things. Now there is not one game on Live that would happen.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#106flame030191Posted 1/10/2013 2:19:04 PM
pingpongching posted...
jimvandamme posted...
Still (unfortunately) embarrassing for a full year.

Wonderbook?

I'm still embarrassed at what they did to Star Wars (dancing? Really???)

Clearly not familiar with Star Wars canon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4

Wonderbook? Let me Google that real quick, be right back.

Dear. Lord. That's a thing? That is terrible and amazing at the same time. I must find me a cheap one on ebay!

(good thing Sony gave up on the move pretty easily)

As for that youtube link....

You bastard.

They didn't give up on Move quite yet. They just tweaked it around, as seen with NFS Most Wanted and LBP Karting.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#107WinternovaPosted 1/10/2013 2:22:56 PM
Spartangod777 posted...
darealest47 posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Sony is rich and buys our exclusives like Mass Effect.

Just like Microsoft bought halo, (it was suppose to be on playstation not xbox) resident evil, metal gear solid, (the solid series) and grand theft auto.

Halo was originally for PC. Resident Evil was never exclusive. Metal Gear Solid was ported multiple times to Nintendo hardware, and on Xbox. Grand Theft Auto was on Microsoft hardwares originally.

I don't know how someone can misspell Macintosh as "PC".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#108PaperCogFlimsyPosted 1/10/2013 2:25:22 PM
Its nice to see the Soft get curbstomped again for a second gen

pretty sweet for moast gamers
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#109pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 2:27:27 PM
PaperCogFlimsy posted...

Thanks for your input.
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#110WinternovaPosted 1/10/2013 2:30:32 PM
PaperCogFlimsy posted...

How can you misspell "moist" like that? What do moist gamers have against Microsoft?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)