This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 surpasses 360 in sales

#121TheArcadePosted 1/10/2013 4:51:06 PM
sethharris1191 posted...
TheArcade posted...
darealest47 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

Considering that the ps3 came out a year later than the xbox 360 and had an arguably inferior online this is really good for Sony. You got to give them credit where credit is due.

No you don't, they grabbed a greater installbase AFTER the Wii U was introduced. This gen is long over. A hollow victory is defeat. You don't wait 7-8 years to matter more than the other guy. You're supposed to do it coming out, a convincing victory that's how it's done. Sony fell short.

Not sure why they keep talking about shipped numbers though it hasn't mattered before. Why should it matter now? In anycase too late Sony. Better luck next time.

Why did you stop here? It sounds like you were really close to convincing yourself that this was true.

If you want to stay in the last gen that's fine. At least be smart enough to acknowledge the next console cycle has begun. They already announced the Steambox and the Wii U is OUT.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#122BJW1980Posted 1/10/2013 4:53:57 PM
Justin Bieber has no talent and is a multimillionaire. Sales mean squat.
---
Mr. Creepy says Creepios is the best!
#123Banana_ManaPosted 1/11/2013 12:41:05 AM
Do we really need all of these topics?
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#124oasisbeyondPosted 1/11/2013 2:34:45 AM
Oh no.... I must sale away my 360 cuz Japan made the 360 fail and ps3 "Shipped more" Yet I live in Canada where it sold over 3.8 Million and the States 38 Mil... = same percentage wise when it comes to population what will I do??????
#125WinternovaPosted 1/11/2013 9:15:44 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
Oh no.... I must sale away my 360

I thought that they were angels
But to my surprise
We climbed aboard their starship
And headed for the skies

Come sale away
Come sale away
Come sale away with me, lads.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#126MUD VIPERPosted 1/11/2013 9:21:33 AM
So at the end of these consoles life span the PS3 is finally surpassing the 360 in sells by counting units shipped.....and some of you are proud of this?
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#127BingSanpaoPosted 1/11/2013 9:49:00 AM
It's just fun to see the amount of butthurt involved over something totally irrelevant.
#128RisingWaterPosted 1/11/2013 9:50:33 AM
Those numbers are just a prediction from some analyst firm.
The same firm predicted this

http://www.abload.de/img/projectedconsolechartezofb.gif
#129scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 10:01:36 AM
Is this thread still going? Shame. Shame is what everyone involved should feel.

Oh poo, I'm contributing... *feels shamed*
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#130TheArcadePosted 1/11/2013 10:06:19 AM(edited)
BingSanpao posted...
It's just fun to see the amount of butthurt involved over something totally irrelevant.

So you're bumping this topic because despite Microsoft's financial success and market gains you want to point and laugh at a corporation who, quite frankly, couldn't be happier? You invoke this cynicism towards Sony's rival even though Sony is another corporation who doesn't give a damn about you.

Look, I know you're slightly jaded because Sony got their candy-asses whooped this generation compared to the last few. Losing marketshare, broken exclusivity, least software sold, behind Microsoft & Nintendo. No need to hide those tears, I sense hostility go with your feelings. Hold on while I get you a bucket.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends