This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 surpasses 360 in sales

#41summerclawPosted 1/10/2013 8:20:25 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
summerclaw posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
In terms of money made: Microsoft > Nintendo > Sony

Honestly, I believe Sony's losses will be more than recovered next-gen.

We will see. If Microsoft/Sony won't bring it, we are going to see another crash.

I don't have faith in Microsoft for the next-generation. It seems they don't really care about gaming anymore.

What makes you think that? the rumor durango has great specs.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#42Banana_ManaPosted 1/10/2013 8:21:30 AM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:I can't wait for the next gen to hit, so I can buy a cheap PS3.

Wish I could afford one atm.

@Banana_Mana
You can get a ps3 for under 200

Thanks for mocking my finances.

:)

I want it cheaper.
---
2013 is here. New Year's resolution = play more, eat more, drink more, achieve less.
#43DarkSymbiotePosted 1/10/2013 8:24:15 AM
summerclaw posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
summerclaw posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

We will see. If Microsoft/Sony won't bring it, we are going to see another crash.

I don't have faith in Microsoft for the next-generation. It seems they don't really care about gaming anymore.

1. No new IPs.

2. Focus on living room.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#44Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/10/2013 8:32:01 AM
I picked up a ps3 for 200$ on black friday, but people are overselling this as a triumph for Sony - allowing microsoft to gain from niche side console (xbox) to major competitor with roughly equal sales (xbox360) is still a massive loss.
#45darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:46:11 AM
Sabianth posted...
So I was reading through this, and at the start I was like "Woah, no ones starting up the console wars." Then I scrolled down some more. Way to ruin my hopes guys ;-:

I'm really not trying to start anything as all three systems are good at their own right. Seriously fanboys are much much worst than the trolls and that's a fact. All I was saying is that it's good to see Sony at the top after all that has happened to the ps3.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#46Gandalf the IstariPosted 1/10/2013 8:50:55 AM
darealest47 posted...
Sabianth posted...
So I was reading through this, and at the start I was like "Woah, no ones starting up the console wars." Then I scrolled down some more. Way to ruin my hopes guys ;-:

I'm really not trying to start anything as all three systems are good at their own right. Seriously fanboys are much much worst than the trolls and that's a fact. All I was saying is that it's good to see Sony at the top after all that has happened to the ps3.

Barely managing to ease ahead in the end of the generation is hardly what I'd call "on top" especially after pissing away a huge lead.
#47jikilamedPosted 1/10/2013 8:53:08 AM
summerclaw posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
summerclaw posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Seeing as though they're losing profit thanks to apple, I hope the don't give up on their one life boat.
---
Psn: Jikilamed
#48john7281Posted 1/10/2013 9:15:21 AM
I don't really care which one has sold the most or shipped the most. What actually matters is units sold, not units shipped cause any company could ship a bunch of systems that will just sit on shelves and gather dust. If they aren't being sold it doesn't matter if 500 or 5 million. I've also had both systems and with what the ps3 has in regards to games over the 360 I think $200 is still way too much for that system. Games on both systems have looked and from what I can tell mostly played a whole lot better on 360 than the ps3, games that are exclusive I haven't really cared so much about. Both systems have great exclusives, but to me the true contest was how good the games on BOTH systems looked and played compared to each other. In that area I don't know of more then a handful if that many played/looked better on ps3. I found ps3 a complete failure outside of a few games, I think sony has failed regardless of what it shipped.

On another note, the ps2 when it was out never got close to matching the dreamcast in terms of graphics, and I think it was the best of those 2. So to me Sony hasn't been much of a console worth backing since the ps1, releasing what each generation I would consider an inferior system. It may sell more but that doesn't make it a better system, it mostly sold originally based on the name Sony alone, they could have called whatever they wanted.
#49creep50Posted 1/10/2013 9:27:04 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Also I like Keaton better than Bale. I like Bale in some films like The Machinist, but just not in this series. The villains just seemed far more interwsting and his voice was comical.

DeVito as The Penguin still terrifies me.

DevVito terrifies you....well remember that scene where he bit someones nose and he started to bleed black

i got nightmares after that
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#50SarlaccPosted 1/10/2013 9:37:28 AM
It's funny how the sony pony trolls say the same thing every year.

--They ignore the current state, they ignore that the 360 had more exclusives in 2012 and have more exclusives overall (actually most are to stupid to know that, they're brainwashed by the other sony ponies)
--They boast some number and say "Sony finally caught up!" and it turns out they're mixing Vita Numbers in with that, or they're talking about units shipped
--They will list the same games that are coming out in 2013 as they listed last year, the games that they thought were going to come out in 2012.

Never change ponies. Never change.
---
Nobody expects the Sarlacc Pit.