This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 surpasses 360 in sales

#71pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 11:58:53 AM(edited)
No, I am not a reverse troll. You see how I only posted in response to the ridiculous "reeks of fanboy/hater" poster Sarlacc?

I have owned or played a considerable amount of each party's consoles through the years.

Own(ed): SNES, Gameboy, PS1, PS2, Xbox, PS3, PSP, Gamecube, N64, PC
Played: (at least 100+ hours) Xbox 360

I really do just play what I think looks appealing to me.

So you are probably asking why I defended the ps3, on the 360 boards of all the dangerous places to do such. I defend things like this (I have had a handful of arguments with blind sony fans that insist PSN is better than Live. The only real thing to debate there is value) when ignorance is being spread, especially in a hateful manner as displayed by our dear Sarlacc here.

Wikipedia'ing the number of exclusives each console has is not a telltale sign of better exclusives. Like I said, the Xbox may have more, but not higher quality. Opinion plays a big role in what makes something "good" but just to simplify things we are just going to use critic reviews as a whole. A whole lot of those exclusives are not worth playing. The ps3 does have more quality titles, and more variety. In the past 2 years, point me to a good Xbox exclusive that doesn't have the word "Gears" or "Halo" in it...
That being said, maybe someone has no interest in the games on the ps3. That is perfectly fine. And like I said (whether you believe me or not), I enjoy a number of games on the 360 and have played them a considerable amount. But objectively speaking, the ps3 does have more, quality exclusives. And more are coming as opposed to the 360 (their release schedule between now and when the next xbox will likely come out is sparse to say the least...)

Regardless of what really should be a pointless statistic (I have done my homework, you can believe me or not. Feel free to post objective evidence if you believe otherwise), I mainly take offense to how Sarlacc posted. Just hateful and unnecessary. Why do you think console wars are so despised? Because there are no winners and it's pointless. You don't owe anything to whoever you bought your console from. So to keep spreading that crap around ("Ponies"...seriously?) is simply detrimental to the gaming community. I was pleasantly surprised at this thread at first. I thought it would have devolved into a flame war much much faster than it did, so that was a nice surprise and what I would like to think is progress.

You can continue to call me a troll, or crucify me, or whatever you want to do. I just simply can't stand people who post the things that Sarlacc post. And you shouldn't either. We all enjoy playing games and it shouldn't matter which console it is on.

EDIT: (side note: I don't have a GT because as you can see from this post, I don't own a 360, I have spent all of my time on a friend's 360)
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#72Grand_BluePosted 1/10/2013 11:59:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#73PigfartsPosted 1/10/2013 12:06:20 PM
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
Someone at Sony is clearly fudging the numbers. If that was remotely true, the CoD online players would be way closer together. Xbox is still blowing Sony out of the water.

There is something fishy going on. Trying too look good for the next E3, you know how they love to show off their numbers at their shows.

So I call BS.

Yes, b/c CoD online use is an indicator of console sales. Thats good to know. I use my ps3 3x more then my xbox b/c I have 2 tb of movies I play through ps3. I do play more games on xbox, I don't play CoD on either system.

With a minor in Probability & Statistics, I can say yes it is a good indicator as it is the most popular game on both consoles.

And I would say you're wrong, since you should compare the number of COD games sold to the total pool of games sold making that number near nothing. COD sales are alot but not when compared to skyrim+BL1 BL1 oblivion battle field and a hundreds of other greatest hits.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#74PigfartsPosted 1/10/2013 12:14:20 PM
A minor lol, nice, I have a dregree in both math and economics, and I have been an analyst for 8 years at a top firm =\
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#75Kano92Posted 1/10/2013 12:14:57 PM
darealest47 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

Considering that the ps3 came out a year later than the xbox 360 and had an arguably inferior online this is really good for Sony. You got to give them credit where credit is due.

Worldwide yes sony sells more, thats because most of the world hates america and don't want to buy stuff from the america, thought everybody knew this. 360 sells more than PS3 in america and that is what counts.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#76darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:26:41 PM
Sarlacc posted...
It's funny how the sony pony trolls say the same thing every year.

--They ignore the current state, they ignore that the 360 had more exclusives in 2012 and have more exclusives overall (actually most are to stupid to know that, they're brainwashed by the other sony ponies)
--They boast some number and say "Sony finally caught up!" and it turns out they're mixing Vita Numbers in with that, or they're talking about units shipped
--They will list the same games that are coming out in 2013 as they listed last year, the games that they thought were going to come out in 2012.

Never change ponies. Never change.

I can see your 360 fanboyism is at its peak. Halo 4 was the only game for the 360 last year. Ps3 had all stars, Journey, and Littlebigplanet karting. I will admit that playstation fanboys are annoying but you are proving that the 360 fanboys are just as bad if not worst.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#77Grand_BluePosted 1/10/2013 12:28:35 PM
Sony is rich and buys our exclusives like Mass Effect.
#78pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 12:31:26 PM
Grand_Blue posted...

Haha I gotta say this is a plus for me owning a PS3 and unfortunately not a 360 as well.

If Bioshock never made it's way to the ps3, I would own one right now. Which I am not sure is a good or a bad thing...
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#79bluehat94Posted 1/10/2013 12:33:03 PM
Do people just purposely ignore the "shipped" in the articles title?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#80darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:33:17 PM
Grand_Blue posted...

Just like Microsoft bought halo, (it was suppose to be on playstation not xbox) resident evil, metal gear solid, (the solid series) and grand theft auto.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec