This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 surpasses 360 in sales

#81PigfartsPosted 1/10/2013 12:34:08 PM
Kano92 posted...
darealest47 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

Considering that the ps3 came out a year later than the xbox 360 and had an arguably inferior online this is really good for Sony. You got to give them credit where credit is due.

Worldwide yes sony sells more, thats because most of the world hates america and don't want to buy stuff from the america, thought everybody knew this. 360 sells more than PS3 in america and that is what counts.

360 sells more than PS3 in america and that is what counts.
Not really when a lot of games come from Japan. if you like FPS and Sports game get a 360, if you like RPGs and action games get a ps3.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#82SarlaccPosted 1/10/2013 12:38:16 PM(edited)
Sarlacc posted...
It's funny how the sony pony trolls say the same thing every year.

--They ignore the current state, they ignore that the 360 had more exclusives in 2012 and have more exclusives overall (actually most are to stupid to know that, they're brainwashed by the other sony ponies)
--They boast some number and say "Sony finally caught up!" and it turns out they're mixing Vita Numbers in with that, or they're talking about units shipped
--They will list the same games that are coming out in 2013 as they listed last year, the games that they thought were going to come out in 2012.

Never change ponies. Never change.

I can see your 360 fanboyism is at its peak. Halo 4 was the only game for the 360 last year. Ps3 had all stars, Journey, and Littlebigplanet karting. I will admit that playstation fanboys are annoying but you are proving that the 360 fanboys are just as bad if not worst.

So you probably don't even know what games Xbox 360 had last year, from the ignorance you are showing in this topic.

Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Dust AET
Sine Mora
Trials Evolution
Hybrid
Splunky
Minecraft
Witcher 2
FEZ
Mark of the Ninja
Alan Wake American Nightmare

Those last ones are also on PC now, but that's still what, 6 or 7 games that are only on 360 that came out last year, not including any Kinect games.
---
Nobody expects the Sarlacc Pit.
#83velvet_hammerPosted 1/10/2013 12:35:14 PM
MS bringing up the rear in console biz since its started
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#84KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/10/2013 12:36:49 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Xenobow posted...
Of course people are buying PS3s because of the recent exclusives.
What about 360 few exclusives 2010+.

And how many exclusives did PS3 have in 2012?

A lot more than the 360... Well a lot more that were worthwhile to me and a lot more variety wise.
---
PLAYING - Torchlight II (PC), Walking Dead (360), Okami HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#85HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/10/2013 12:40:13 PM
A lot more than the 360... Well a lot more that were worthwhile to me and a lot more variety wise.

That's nice, but factually and objectively, the 360 has had more retail and digital, seperate and combined exclusives than the PS3 since 2010.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#86squarex8264Posted 1/10/2013 12:40:40 PM
darealest47 posted...

I can see your 360 fanboyism is at its peak. Halo 4 was the only game for the 360 last year. Ps3 had all stars, Journey, and Littlebigplanet karting. I will admit that playstation fanboys are annoying but you are proving that the 360 fanboys are just as bad if not worst.

Why did you just name a PSN title, then completely skip over the great XBLA titles that came out last year?

What about:
-Alan Wake: American Nightmare
-Trials Evolution
-Spelunky
-Deadlight
-Dust

I'm sure there were more since I bought quite a few arcade titles last year, but not sure which other ones were exclusive. Why do so many people like to dismiss all the exclusive XBLA games when they say nothing has come out?
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#87darkphoenix181Posted 1/10/2013 12:42:33 PM
Panner posted...
That's shipped, not sold.
Microsoft could just pump out 5 million consoles to retailers and be in front again.

Retailers are Microsoft slaves and buy what Microsoft tells them to?

Someone doesn't understand how business works. Retailers only buy if they want to buy.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#88Spartangod777Posted 1/10/2013 12:48:59 PM
darealest47 posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Sony is rich and buys our exclusives like Mass Effect.

Just like Microsoft bought halo, (it was suppose to be on playstation not xbox) resident evil, metal gear solid, (the solid series) and grand theft auto.

Halo was originally for PC. Resident Evil was never exclusive. Metal Gear Solid was ported multiple times to Nintendo hardware, and on Xbox. Grand Theft Auto was on Microsoft hardwares originally.
---
Nothing important to say here.
#89SarlaccPosted 1/10/2013 12:53:05 PM(edited)
MS bringing up the rear in console biz since its started

Sony Fanboys like you who's sole intention on this board is to troll know all about bringing up the rear.

You're giving Sony Fanboys a really bad name today. Making up numbers with the whole smoke and mirrors thing.
---
#90SarlaccPosted 1/10/2013 12:51:25 PM
Why did you just name a PSN title, then completely skip over the great XBLA titles that came out last year?

Because he's a brainwashed sony fanboy. He hears it all the time from other Sony fanboys, they say "all xbox has is Halo and Gears" and people are stupid enough to believe it.
---