This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#111DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/10/2013 9:07:01 PM
Heartless18 posted...
I understand losing to the Wii because there's a lot of casuals, but seriously? We lost to ****ing Playstation? Their first party games sell like ****, the Move has been a complete joke, they never get exclusive DLC, and the system came out a year later.

I've never been so embarassed to be a Microsoft fanboy. Get your **** together, MS!

You're surprised Playstation wasn't last in sales?? wut
---
Brace yourself, bandwagon Broncos fans are coming.
#112NIN_tendoPosted 1/10/2013 9:10:51 PM
Yeah "we" lost. I am so disappointed in us.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#113FenriswolfPosted 1/10/2013 9:20:19 PM
IntoTheN1ght posted...
Yeah the PlayStation brand, you know the PS2 the best selling home console of all time? 150 million sold? More than 360+original Xbox combined + 80 million?

Came in last because they relied on the same stale franchises, everything in entertainment has a shelf life. Call of Duty kicking Halo's ass in sales has been bad for Xbox brand, because that meant that the most popular FPS was on the PS3 aswell, nulifying the one advantage MS had.

And Sony doesn't resort to recycling Killzone, Uncharted, and Resistance? LMAO. And while you're at it, most of the COD games sell much better on 360 even with the Gold subscription requirement, getting the DLC first, and actually does something about the hackers.

Sony dropped from 150 million+ consoles to half that number in one gen. How sad.

Add in Xbox Live gold subscription and suddenly the console looks outdated, like a relic from 2007, remember when the 360 was cool? Now it looks like a lame console for baseball cap wearing tools or a console meant for dancing kinect games. They pissed away their reputation as the game console for hardcore gamers, its a mix of Nintendo Wii casualness and old tired franchises like Halo, Gears and Forza being released constantly

The fact that PSN was shut down for a month due to hackers alone is why people are still willing to pay for XBL Gold. And funny how you're attacking MS for reaching out to casuals with Kinect while ignoring the fact that Sony is doing the same thing with Move. Even at the end of PS2's shelf life, Sony pretty much gave up on the exclusives and spent most of their efforts with Eyetoy and Singstar.
---
Hello
#114FenriswolfPosted 1/10/2013 9:24:50 PM
Alamyst_ posted...
Sony is free online.
- Free =/= good

Sony has free support for their free online.
- Like not giving a damn about COD servers getting hacked, or MGO getting shut down.

Sony gives away free games and add-ons
- "Free" games that you have to pay a premium of $50 for

Sony PS3 does not RRD when you look at it.
- No, it gets YLOD and hacked instead

Sony supports Netflix,
- And you still have to pay for it regardless

Sony PS3 controller's are not goofy.
- Opinion, it's exactly the same controller as it had since PS1

Sony's exclusive content is exceptionally better.
- Opinion

Borderlands
- Which is also available on 360, try again

Sony PSN store is considerably cheaper and friendlier.
- No such thing as cheaper, especially not after the redesign

Sony make a better product.
- Like the time when PSN was hacked and had to be shut down for a month, k.

---
Hello
#115DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/10/2013 9:36:51 PM
"The fact that PSN was shut down for a month due to hackers alone is why people are still willing to pay for XBL Gold."

No, the fact that you can't play games online on a 360 without paying is why people, including me, pay.
---
Brace yourself, bandwagon Broncos fans are coming.
#116otisanimePosted 1/10/2013 10:10:52 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
"The fact that PSN was shut down for a month due to hackers alone is why people are still willing to pay for XBL Gold."

No, the fact that you can't play games online on a 360 without paying is why people, including me, pay.

Exactly this :x

Hell, even so, while what happened to the PSN wasn't totally blameless on Sony, it's not like they were the only one hit by that stuff last year. Even a ton of things that cost money got hit by hackers.

The PSN or XBOX Live not costing or costing money, for the most part, doesn't mean jack in terms of this stuff.

I will say, though! That again, as far as I know, XBOX Live is the only service of it's kind on anything in the whole wide world that actually has the audacity to charge money :x and that's what people really need to look at it. Especially when XBOX Live put on other platforms doesn't even cost money. At what point do you start feeling like you're taken advantage of because of a large amount of people who were new to online gaming, and simply don't know any better? :x
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#117nightshadeAPosted 1/10/2013 10:24:34 PM
its an artifically created rush.... same thing happened to sega with genesis....people who wanted one already had one and then nintendo lowered the snes prices enough that people who couldnt buy one before finally did

now say ms lowered the 360 to 99 sales would go back up but whos left to sell to?
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#118MutePrintPosted 1/10/2013 11:32:07 PM
Dont worry guise there's always next year
#119FenriswolfPosted 1/10/2013 11:40:18 PM
nightshadeA posted...
its an artifically created rush.... same thing happened to sega with genesis....people who wanted one already had one and then nintendo lowered the snes prices enough that people who couldnt buy one before finally did

now say ms lowered the 360 to 99 sales would go back up but whos left to sell to?

The 360 wasn't even launched in several countries the PS3 was available in. Plenty of third world countries would buy a $99 Xbox 360.
---
Hello
#120TheArcadePosted 1/10/2013 11:42:39 PM
What is this "we" stuff? Honestly I'd like for Sony and Microsoft to post their numbers again. Last I saw they were both at 70 million. The 76 & 77 million people are talking about came from another source who tallied the estimate. It's best to hear it from the horses mouth.

Anyway even if Sony finally caught up it doesn't really matter because we have now entered next gen. Android and Valve announced their new hardware and the Wii U is now available. You're impressive when you pay your bills on time, when you don't, you simply aren't. If PS3 would have caught up a couple of years ago then I could look at it as the winner. Sony got played.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends