This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#131art_of_the_killPosted 1/11/2013 10:31:04 AM
iceman505 posted...
That 77 million number includes at least a million PS2 units sold.

Where exactly is the proof that Sony lumps their PS2 numbers with PS3 numbers? And furthermore, even if they did, how exactly would that bloat the PS3's numbers any higher than a few thousand --- if that?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#132SidiusBlackPosted 1/11/2013 10:47:29 AM
TheArcade posted...
SidiusBlack posted...
TheArcade posted...
What is this "we" stuff? Honestly I'd like for Sony and Microsoft to post their numbers again. Last I saw they were both at 70 million. The 76 & 77 million people are talking about came from another source who tallied the estimate. It's best to hear it from the horses mouth.

Anyway even if Sony finally caught up it doesn't really matter because we have now entered next gen. Android and Valve announced their new hardware and the Wii U is now available. You're impressive when you pay your bills on time, when you don't, you simply aren't. If PS3 would have caught up a couple of years ago then I could look at it as the winner. Sony got played.

Well technically it's not next gen yet because Wii U can't even compete with 6 year old hardware. Ahahahahahah 360 is in last place DERP. Where's MLD?

That isn't even objectively correct. Regardless of what criteria you judge it the Wii U is still more powerful than 360/PS3, it's definitely new gen. PS3 couldn't catch-up early enough therefore Sony committed another epic fail. Now I know this is a hard pill for you to swallow knowing your Sony shares went belly up but I hear a way of couping is you could try and maybe take up another hobby like sowing. Or keep worshiping your hero Kaz Hirai with his pink shirt it's up to you. What the douche is MLD?

Ha we hear all this crap about how powerful the Wii U is and it can't even perform on the same level as 6 year old consoles. Since when did we go backwards into a new generation? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
---
Holy ship Batman!
#133scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 11:05:32 AM
Wii U is more powerful, the developers just aren't putting in the same time and effort to show it off. And I don't really blame them for that, but still...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#134TheArcadePosted 1/11/2013 11:10:49 AM
SidiusBlack posted...
TheArcade posted...
SidiusBlack posted...
TheArcade posted...
What is this "we" stuff? Honestly I'd like for Sony and Microsoft to post their numbers again. Last I saw they were both at 70 million. The 76 & 77 million people are talking about came from another source who tallied the estimate. It's best to hear it from the horses mouth.

Anyway even if Sony finally caught up it doesn't really matter because we have now entered next gen. Android and Valve announced their new hardware and the Wii U is now available. You're impressive when you pay your bills on time, when you don't, you simply aren't. If PS3 would have caught up a couple of years ago then I could look at it as the winner. Sony got played.

Well technically it's not next gen yet because Wii U can't even compete with 6 year old hardware. Ahahahahahah 360 is in last place DERP. Where's MLD?

That isn't even objectively correct. Regardless of what criteria you judge it the Wii U is still more powerful than 360/PS3, it's definitely new gen. PS3 couldn't catch-up early enough therefore Sony committed another epic fail. Now I know this is a hard pill for you to swallow knowing your Sony shares went belly up but I hear a way of couping is you could try and maybe take up another hobby like sowing. Or keep worshiping your hero Kaz Hirai with his pink shirt it's up to you. What the douche is MLD?

Ha we hear all this crap about how powerful the Wii U is and it can't even perform on the same level as 6 year old consoles. Since when did we go backwards into a new generation? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's right keep sleeping on the company that made more bank than the Playstation maker.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#135TheArcadePosted 1/11/2013 11:12:02 AM
art_of_the_kill posted...
iceman505 posted...

Where exactly is the proof that Sony lumps their PS2 numbers with PS3 numbers? And furthermore, even if they did, how exactly would that bloat the PS3's numbers any higher than a few thousand --- if that?

I would like to know about this too... there were no PS2 units included in those estimates.
---
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#136FenriswolfPosted 1/11/2013 1:33:54 PM
iceman505 posted...

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdata_ces_sale_e.html

Note that PS2 and PS3 sales figure are separate until FY 2012
---
Hello
#137scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 1:38:19 PM
Sony shenanigans... I guess when you're perpetually last place and you release mega bombs like Go and then Vita, and half your divisions are imploding, you have to get good a creative math. It's a shame because Vita and PS3 are such great hardware, especially Vita. Hopefully Kaz is going to eventually turn it around.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#138TheArcadePosted 1/11/2013 2:13:19 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
iceman505 posted...

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdata_ces_sale_e.html

Note that PS2 and PS3 sales figure are separate until FY 2012

After Sony opened the floodgates of funboys coming on this board and looking for blood. This report had better be false or else all these topic makers risked looking stupid.
---
#139Luthor_Posted 1/11/2013 2:14:58 PM
Can't believe people take these topics seriously.

>Ignore List

>Move on
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#140ajko000Posted 1/11/2013 2:43:07 PM
Because your console was released first and has the worst hardware?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 360 was released in 2004 correct? The PS3 and Wii were released in 2006. Idk, but what I do know is that it's not surprising, this gen was completely disappointing for consoles.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.