This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#141ID15Posted 1/11/2013 4:12:17 PM
Yeah, I am "delusional" because I don't care about the PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii "winning" anything.

Come to this board bringing all the "WE WON WOOOHHHOOOO" crap because there is nothing but cellar dwelling idiots on your own boards does not make me delusional. Even if what the PS3 users posted is true (haven't seen a single link here, and no I don't care to Google it since I don't spend my days hunched over my computer waiting for numbers to prove my purchase was good), what the hell have you people won? Does Sony give you an angry handy J every time the PS3 gets better numbers than the 360? No? They don't?

never once was I like "WE WON". I'm just pointing out that you and your butt buddies were SO determined to tell me I'm wrong and then when it turns out that I'm right, people want to deny it over and over again. Bunch of hypocrites.

As I said before, I own all three systems and cannot stand the other boards because of the total fanboy nonsense that goes on there everyday.

as opposed to this board? This board has just as many XBots as the other ones have Ponies and whatever they call blind Wii Lovers. I never said that XBox (in fact I said I ENJOYED the system) was a bad system if you would have read my post in that original topic where I schooled you would know that, but like every other XBot your just going to jump to conclusions without reading anything. You say you "don't care" but the fact that you defend it so much says otherwise.

The pic I posted is accurate from what I see here and when I did go to the other board. If the PS3 is so awesome, go to that board and make love to it all you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYYo3T6nCw8 <--- this is what you did after they released the sales numbers.

Posted numbers about how many units something sells doesn't make that thing better than something else. People who chose 360 over PS3 did it for a reason that is their own. I like a little from everything so I have all the systems.

I actually felt a bit of respect for you after this comment b/c its true...but then again in that original topic drlucky420 made you still were acting more like a XBot than a neutral party. I never said that the PS3 better, I was just pointing out how stupid it was in that topic that all of you were belittling me, when I ended up being right! Then when I come here to point out how wrong you guys are, everyone here defends drlucky420 b/c he is an XBot, its apparently okay to troll if your an Xbot only.

All these comments from PS3 owners prove is that there is clearly a maturity gap between those who are happy with whatever they have and those who need to make up for their own personal feelings of inadequacy by belittling and inanimate object.

Because you acting like an elitist is so "mature", I find it funny how you ACT neutral but are far from it, I never once belittled X360, I simply said how at the rate of sales per year the PS3 would surpass the X360 in sales and it turned out to be true, I did no bashing, once again you didn't read and just assumed.
---
We ALL have An Id in us.....
#142En Sabah NurPosted 1/11/2013 4:39:01 PM
I wouldn't consider it as Microsoft "losing" really but I guess that's a way to look at it.

I mean I got rid of my Wii because it was terrible overall. Kids and "ignorant" gamers are really the reason that system took off. The proof is in the fact that it had one of the worst gaming libraries of any console (minus some Nintendo exclusives) and still sold like crazy.

I only bought a PS3 for all its exclusives (which really ARE great) but I definitely prefer to play games on my 360, due to its superior online play and a number of other reasons.

How did Microsoft drop the ball this gen? That's very simple.

First, they had a ridiculous amount of hardware failures. I personally went through like 3 consoles. Some people simply got fed up and switched over to PS3. This is totally understandable though, when you invest so much money in a product that breaks after a few months and you have to pay once more to fix it (over and over). I view this issue as their most monumental failure for sure.

Second, they didn't pump out as many big (or good) exclusives as Sony did. Halo and Gears of War are all well and good, but you need to put out more than that to keep people hooked. I loved Alan Wake but I know people who didn't, and the Fable series has really gone downhill. PS3 simply has better exclusives for a fact.

Third, this is not something I personally see as an issue, but I have friends (who are idiots) that refuse to pay for Xbox Live, so they switched to PS3 for that reason. I really don't get it, as I feel Live is easily a better service and my opinion is that they're just cheap scrubs.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#143Gurn BlanstonPosted 1/11/2013 4:42:52 PM
Because your console was released first and has the worst hardware?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 360 was released in 2004 correct? The PS3 and Wii were released in 2006. Idk, but what I do know is that it's not surprising, this gen was completely disappointing for consoles.

You're wrong
#144scorpionx9Posted 1/11/2013 4:43:22 PM
The only console that lost is the Wii, the only company to have failed gamers is Nintendo.

Sony and Microsoft are the only console developers as far as im aware. Steam for the PC. Nintendo needs to vanish.
---
Your Friendly Neighborhood Troll!
#145OrgeLambartPosted 1/11/2013 4:45:44 PM
I was under the impression the MS was second up until the start of last year, when they overtook the Wii finally and PS 3 has been in last place the entire gen. Did something change, wasn't MS just touting about being the number 1 selling system the last 12 months or something?
#146BlackReignMCWPosted 1/11/2013 4:46:49 PM
Unfortunately, once you start accusing people of being " like a child covering his ears refusing to listen" the maturity disparity becomes more evident. "Sony always wins baby" "Xbots", etc. are all the acts of sad little people who for some reason cannot just enjoy their games. As I said, there is plenty of evidence to support the picture I posted.

Also, I wouldn't know anything about any sales numbers if the first page of the XBOX page wasn't flooded with mentally deficient PS3 user topics about how awesome they are now.

That video you posted was cute. If numbers meant anything to the enjoyment I get from a system. I mostly felt like the following when I saw the flood of topics about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc

I am not neutral, completely due to the fact that I can't stand the PS3 boards idiotic behaviours and propensities for half truths or bald faced lies to make themselves feel better.

I love Gears Of War, God Of War, Resistance, Uncharted, etc. I didn't think the PS3 sucked when the numbers were down, nor check the numbers to make sure I did right by buying the Xbox.

BTW, my comment wasn't posted directly at yourself. I usually post the persons user name that I am directly talking about. It is more of a blanket statement about the PS3 users who flood this board whenever they feel the need to make their choice seem better to themselves instead of just enjoying their games
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.
#147TheArcadePosted 1/11/2013 4:55:02 PM(edited)
@ID15:

Trolling is trolling. Two wrongs don't make a right. You come in here with your pretentious comments well it all illustrates a very smarmy narcissist demeanor. I don't like it. Not every one here denied the possibility, but you're generalizing us. I don't even remember you and I thought PS3 stood a fair chance of catching up, moreover I felt the possibility of 360 pulling ahead wasn't impossible either.

There's nothing honorable about you guys coming over here and starting trouble. It makes you look bad and it hurts the entire PS board. Your posts brought my opinion of the PS board to an all time low. Anyway I think your celebration is curbed by the fact Xbox 360 was able to hold onto the lead until the new gen which is officially NOW thanks to the Wii U (to say otherwise would be the same as dissing Nintendo). You can try the whole "current-gen isn't dead" argument but by that logic 360 still has a chance of catching up and you'd be celebrating prematurely.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#148sonicteam2k1Posted 1/11/2013 4:53:15 PM
Heartless18 posted...
I understand losing to the Wii because there's a lot of casuals, but seriously? We lost to ****ing Playstation? Their first party games sell like ****, the Move has been a complete joke, they never get exclusive DLC, and the system came out a year later.

I've never been so embarassed to be a Microsoft fanboy. Get your **** together, MS!

because MS just stopped caring about the games and started focusing on that casual crap. Sony is pretty well rounded.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#149ajko000Posted 1/11/2013 9:51:34 PM
Gurn Blanston posted...
Because your console was released first and has the worst hardware?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 360 was released in 2004 correct? The PS3 and Wii were released in 2006. Idk, but what I do know is that it's not surprising, this gen was completely disappointing for consoles.

You're wrong

Ok.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#150Gurn BlanstonPosted 1/11/2013 10:22:58 PM
360 was released in 2005