This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#21SarlaccPosted 1/10/2013 10:07:52 AM(edited)
What the hell is this "we" s***?

The topic creator is a PS3 fanboy pretending to be an xbox fanboy who is sad about the Dewey Defeats Truman headlines.

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, people like the topic creator or those of us who see it for what it is. It's embarrassing to see such a skewed sense of.. I'm not even sure what it is.
---
Nobody expects the Sarlacc Pit.
#22StarGoyPosted 1/10/2013 10:17:34 AM
Because Europe and Japan. Sony was/is the God of Mammon there. You had people buying the PS3 merely on the possibility that DMC, Tekken, et all were to be exclusive. Then you had the Killzone hype and RLoD.

After the success of the Wii, Sony was always going to be second, unless Microsoft could convince Europe. But like a sordid love triangle in a cheap soap opera, Microsoft had an American wife, a Japanese Mistress, and a European stalker it strings along, but doesn't really give a crap about.
#23Halochief6Posted 1/10/2013 11:03:17 AM
Because Asia
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#24BansDontWorkPosted 1/10/2013 11:07:38 AM
As a community, we must do better guys.

Pull your socks up!
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#25bossk5Posted 1/10/2013 11:07:55 AM
Shipped consoles do not = sold consoles.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#26bladegash666Posted 1/10/2013 11:11:47 AM
Who are we?

Are you Bill Gates?

GUYS!!!

BILL GATES IS HERE!!!

GUYS?

Guys?

Oh?

You're not Bill Gates are you?

Shame on you.

---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#27link0316Posted 1/10/2013 11:33:18 AM
Casual craze is over, no exclusives. There ya go TC.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#28T_TanggPosted 1/10/2013 11:39:03 AM
The boom of Blu Ray movies.
---
NNID: T_Tang PSN: T_Tang GT: ElateDuckling0
Vita: AsKsQsJsTs 3DS: 0387-9826-5126
#29NintendologicalPosted 1/10/2013 11:46:27 AM
Heartless18 posted...
We lost to ****ing Playstation?

1) The Sony brand is still remarkably strong. And this is evident by the fact that even with one of the worst console launches for a major manufacturer, Sony managed to pull it together and fall only 24 million units behind the market leader. By contrast, Sony eclipsed their competitors by a range of 80-90 million units with both the Playstation and the Playstation 2 (depending upon which consoles you are comparing them to). It isn't as if people suddenly hated the Playstation brand. It is a very strong global brand. People just couldn't get on board with the horrible pricing strategy. Katuragi was very incorrect about how willing consumers would be to save money and work over time just for a video game machine.

2) I can tell you easily how Microsoft lost consumer favor.

- Dramatic decrease in first party content
- Continual loss of exclusives
- RROD
- Heavy focus on non-gaming services for Xbox Live rather than on game development
- Heavy focus on the Kinect rather than on core game development
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#30phrettPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:20 PM
Rivalry between MS and Sony gamers makes absolutely no sense....

but feel free to hate on the 'tendo crew