This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#31VlayerPosted 1/10/2013 12:31:19 PM
Japan

That's why.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#32SuplexKirbyPosted 1/10/2013 12:35:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33scoobydoobydontPosted 1/10/2013 12:35:27 PM
So many answers that are ignoring the fact that the news is false to begin with. 360 has sold more units than PS3, and these jokers have a worse record than Pachter. This isn't the first time they lied in favor of PS3: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080521193631/vgsales/images/9/93/ProjectedConsoleChart_v1_460x323.gif

Also, lol @ anyone thinking Japan makes a difference. In the fantasy land scenario where PS3 actually closes the gap, it's because of mainland Europe.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#34Psychofang12001Posted 1/10/2013 12:37:25 PM
I'm probably gonna get the troll bs but didn't next gen start with the wii u already?
---
the puppy tried to moo but chose to eat steak instead
#35SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 12:42:27 PM
Psychofang12001 posted...
I'm probably gonna get the troll bs but didn't next gen start with the wii u already?

Yes, it did.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#36ballermat982Posted 1/10/2013 12:42:30 PM
Who cares? Microsoft and Sony are practically even anyways and Nintendo got off to a hot start but cooled off quickly. Microsoft is doing just fine.
#37Homie_202Posted 1/10/2013 1:01:28 PM
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. I play my 360 far more then my ps3 that being said the ps3 is the far superior console it has far more good or great exclusive. The Xbox only has halo, gears, forza, Alan wake, and fable. That's pretty much it. And yea the move isn't great but its WAY better then crappy kinect. The kinect was done last gen by Sony it was called the playstation eye and it did literally the same thing. At least the move you can use with hardcore games like resistance and Killzone and make that you primary means of control. You CAN'T do that with the kinect you can only talk into it with hardcore games.
#38ChargrilledPosted 1/10/2013 1:07:07 PM
Who is 'we'?

You make it sound like some sort of sect. Weird.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#39Lozh900Posted 1/10/2013 1:08:33 PM
You may have noticed that as the exclusives started to become less and less and Sony's became more and more that the sales of ps3 started to get some serious leg work done.

It's a case of Microsoft investing less in the actual gaming and more in entertainment and kindest. Eventually that is going to affect the core gamers.

Xbla though is still miles superior to psm and wii u store.

I have all consoles but I am playing my Xbox a little less than I used to as I haven't got any exclusives to play. Multiples I can get on steam for less than half the price, line to I have with a few games but waving myself around isn't fun after 8 hours at work.

Ps3 has some really good exclusives and a lot of upcoming ones (talking year on year not just 2013)

Wii u is unique but I've got to admit I've finished all 5 games I own for it so until Monster hunter 3 ultimate is out its collecting dust.

Eventually the lack of just solid exclusive regular controlled games beyond halo and forza was going to affect sales.

On a side note though, the recent information that Sony has shipped more consoles than Microsoft should be pointed out that it is SHIPPED and not sold and at this present time we don't have life time sales of any of the consoles up to this exact date.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit
#40ShineboxerPosted 1/10/2013 1:08:41 PM
Rivalry between MS and Sony gamers makes absolutely no sense....

but feel free to hate on the 'tendo crew

correct, they are both cancerous to the videogame industry.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD