This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell did we come in last place this generation?

#61TJSpykePosted 1/10/2013 2:14:08 PM
Actually, Xbox 360 is still ahead of PlayStation 3 in SOLD systems. That estimate (which is not 100% reliable) is only based on SHIPPED systems. The Xbox 360 is ahead of PlayStation 3 in sales and continues to outsell PS3 almost everywhere except in Japan.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#62iammaxhailmePosted 1/10/2013 2:19:25 PM
Wii won because it has some decent exclusives with VARIETY (Metroid Prime Hunters, Fire Emblem 10, some Mario whatever, Zelda, etc)

PS3 and 360 lost to it because basically all their exclusives are the same lame boring FPSes. And you have to pay to play online for 360, and 360s have a much higher failure rate.

I'm amazed anyone didn't expect the 360 to come in last.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#63pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 2:20:22 PM
People arguing number of systems sold for their console of choice as a pro or con is like pointing out a pro for the movie "Titanic" is that it sold more tickets than "The Dark Knight".

Disclaimer: I am not saying the Xbox=Titanic and PS3=The Dark Knight or vice versa.
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#64teehee23Posted 1/10/2013 2:23:56 PM
pingpongching posted...
People arguing number of systems sold for their console of choice as a pro or con is like pointing out a pro for the movie "Titanic" is that it sold more tickets than "The Dark Knight".

Disclaimer: I am not saying the Xbox=Titanic and PS3=The Dark Knight or vice versa.

Some kids here need to argue about something because they don't have girlfriends.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#65-Damien-Posted 1/10/2013 2:25:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#66bluehat94Posted 1/10/2013 2:28:11 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Winternova posted...
bluehat94 posted...
MS is in the black, so I seriously doubt they care at all, also, Sony is about twice the size of MS.

Going strictly on Market Capitalization:

Sony: $11.07B
Microsoft: $222.70B

Microsoft could buy Sony 20 times over if they wanted to. :-)

dumb post as ExxonMobile could release a console that belly flops and all everyone can do is use your dumb argument about market cap

He proved one of your points for you, why are you going after him?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#67SubSeenixPosted 1/10/2013 2:32:15 PM(edited)
TJSpyke posted...
Actually, Xbox 360 is still ahead of PlayStation 3 in SOLD systems. That estimate (which is not 100% reliable) is only based on SHIPPED systems. The Xbox 360 is ahead of PlayStation 3 in sales and continues to outsell PS3 almost everywhere except in Japan.

Are you stupid?
Since 2007 the PS3 is outselling the 360 for 11 of 12 months EVERY YEAR
Guess what the month the 360 is selling stronger is?The Call of Duty month.

Oh and for the first time in a long time the PS3 didn't sell much less than the 360 in the USA too.
Just numbers from December WORLDWIDE
USA EU Japan Total December
PS3 188,177 // 270,507 // 53,951 // 599,500
360 234,953 // 147,197 // 2,137 // 421,815

Sony is winning baby =)
And that for over 5 years now - Only CoD could hold the 360 up but this is nearly over too.
Europe isn't satisfied with CoD and Failo every year - We love other games and looks like the US People are slowly getting bored too of the same games every year.
2013 will be the nail to the coffin - Tons of Exclusives Versus a Gears Spinoff xDDDD
#68pingpongchingPosted 1/10/2013 2:33:54 PM
teehee23 posted...
pingpongching posted...

Some kids here need to argue about something because they don't have girlfriends.

Replace "have girlfriends" with "explore/engage in other hobbies", "live life", or even "play whatever game they want on whatever console because who cares".
---
"Rely on the luck of the rabbit's foot if you must, just remember that it didn't work for the rabbit."
PSN: pingpong_ching
#69mjc0961Posted 1/10/2013 2:50:14 PM(edited)
1. Unless you're Microsoft, you didn't come in last place or second place or first place or anything. Stop being a fanboy and realize that you have absolutely no stake in how many units a system sells as long as it sells well (which the 360, PS3, and Wii all did so they all won already).

2. Last time I checked, 360, Wii, and PS3 are still available for sale. "This generation" is not over yet, so nobody has come in last place yet. The utterly pointless race you insist on perpetuating isn't over yet, so stop your crying and go buy as many 360s as you can afford if your world really hinges on how much money Microsoft makes.

3. See #1 again.

EDIT: I am insanely impressed by the number of intelligent people in this thread. Normally I'm the only one smart enough to point out that sales don't matter nearly as much as fanboys pretend that they do, and usually GameFAQs is one of the dumbest communities around, but wow. Lots of intelligent people posting here today.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#70El_ZaggyPosted 1/10/2013 2:50:59 PM
Heartless18 posted...
I understand losing to the Wii because there's a lot of casuals, but seriously? We lost to ****ing Playstation? Their first party games sell like ****, the Move has been a complete joke, they never get exclusive DLC, and the system came out a year later.

I've never been so embarassed to be a Microsoft fanboy. Get your **** together, MS!

The wii had more xconsole sold but the wii owners mostly owns not a lot of games compared to other console owners. So that is not a losing point for Microsoft.

You need to checkthe whole market, not only the console sales.