This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"
3 years ago#21
From: DrFeelgood1984 | Posted: 1/10/2013 1:41:15 PM | #016
bladegash666 posted...
From: DrFeelgood1984 | Posted: 1/10/2013 1:28:13 PM | #008
It's up there with Halo CE. It's either the best or 2nd best in the series.

-Smaller skill gap
-Bad Maps
-Bad spawns
-Took things from COD and made them WORSE.
-Missing things from older Halo games that fans love

-Good
-Opinion
-Haven't noticed
-The game evolved, "OH NO". Sprinting and loadouts are welcome improvements, it's still Halo
-It's not missing anything that can't be added if enough people whine about it

Yeah , no. It evolved and sold less than the previous entries. Reach has showed us that "evolving" Halo can do more harm than good. Also ,how is a smaller skill gap good? It makes things wonky and not balanced.

Who is this actually verified by though?

Stinkles on Neogaf is 343's co-founder Frank O'Connor, the Halo franchise manager and former Bungie employee.

No sales data there , and last I saw it was a bit over 6m

I think he just means it's reached sales milestones faster than any other Halo title.

It sold less than Halo 3 and even reach if you compare their first months,already number 3 on top 10 xbl games. It's not what it used to be.

I'd rather trust the head of all things Halo then you with a single NPD report. I guess Halo 4 was much more significant outside the US than Halo 3.

1.OK. I assumed it was someone from 343.
2.Yeah faster , not more.
3. The same guy that's gonna kill Halo. OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.
Also , H4 has the fastest sales milestone , and the community doesn't reflect this. BO2 ate into those sales and the community hasn't dropped off as much. WTF were they thinking launching a week before?
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
3 years ago#22
OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.

Well Canada would be another 1.2 million. 25m would be a hard sell, but 20 million wouldn't.

I'm not saying we should believe spokespeople without question, but who better to know how a game is selling than their creators. We just rely on leaked NPD, Microsoft gets the full report + others globally.

This isn't really new info, we already knew more players played Halo 4 online week 1 than any other Halo.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
3 years ago#23
OK. So if dude says H4 sold 25m , but NPD says 12m , and you believe it , then lol.

Well Canada would be another 1.2 million. 25m would be a hard sell, but 20 million wouldn't.

I'm not saying we should believe spokespeople without question, but who better to know how a game is selling than their creators. We just rely on leaked NPD, Microsoft gets the full report + others globally.

This isn't really new info, we already knew more players played Halo 4 online week 1 than any other Halo.

Dude has lied before. It really isn't uncommon for devs to straight up lie.

2)Then the community dropped significantly. At this rate , it will not outsell King Kong H3.
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 343: "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived