This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you choose the 360?

#71itis41269Posted 1/11/2013 11:16:01 AM
I didnt choose the 360.....the 360 choose me..... then i sold it for some rent money
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#72bigybriPosted 1/11/2013 11:17:00 AM
Back in late summer of '09 after E3 announced that the price was going down to $199.99 for the arcade bundle. I had no interest in the online component at the time and just wanted to wait until the price point of under $200.

I bought "Tales of Vesperia" and "Lost Odyssey" on that day. Enjoyed both but never finished either, so I guess I bought if for price and JRPG's.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
#73scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 11:28:23 AM
Rare+Bethesda+Bioware. Only Bioware has disappointed, despite the haters for this first two. This was actually my favorite generation for Rare and Bethesda both. I'll take Kameo/Pinata/KS/and yes even PD0 over all the old school stuff which has all aged horribly, and Skyrim/FO3 over Morrowind or Daggerfall. Bioware.... ugh, I don't even want to talk about them. Obsidian are here now and CDRP has joined them. I don't have to rely on Bioware for meatier narrative in my RPGs anymore, let them dumb their games down and have all the worst writing in the history of games they want. I ain't even mad, they've been surpassed.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#74NewavePosted 1/11/2013 11:33:55 AM
several reasons:

[]more exclusive games I like
(Rumble Roses XX, Bullet Witch, Chromehounds, Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Project Sylpheed, Test Drive Unlimited etc.)

[]multiplatform games I like were/are usually better on 360
(Sonic 06, Bayonetta etc.)

[]the prices of games I like being generally cheaper than PS3 games I like
(this may be different in different places but here where I live and buy my games 360 games are in general cheaper than PS3 games, with some but very few exceptions)

[]I had the opportunity to buy my 360 with some games and controllers cheap second-hand

The fact that PS3 has a lot more positives than 360 as a console and what the console can do beside just playing the games means I still want a PS3 as well, but as far as the games go I'm satisfied with having a 360 only.
The only exclusive I want for PS3 is Gundam Crossfire anyway.
The other exclusives, like MGS4, Resistance 1, 2 and 3 , Killzone 2 and 3, Heavenly Sword etc. are games I'd probably end up getting if I had a PS3, but I don't want them enough to warrant buying a console for them, not even combined, Gundam Crossfire is the only game so far that I've liked enough to want a PS3 for and I don't buy a console unless there are at least two games I want for it or if I can find it for a really good deal.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#75abnergoinbigPosted 1/11/2013 11:35:22 AM
Graphics really. I was a freshman in highschool when i got the 360 on launch day and i was just blown away by graphics truthfully.
#76videogameking33Posted 1/11/2013 11:46:56 AM
Games and love the direction MS went with in first Xbox, a hardcore gamer and collecter a must buy....just like all consoles and handhelds!
---
Currently Playiing: Epic Mickey 2 (360), Sniper Elite V2 (PS3), LoZ: SS (Wii)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#77TheSpectrePosted 1/11/2013 11:47:22 AM
My PS2 died and the cheap 20GB Xbox 360 was on sale at the time. I traded in the dead PS2 (lol) and all the games and got the 360.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#78shawnmckPosted 1/11/2013 11:47:54 AM
For me, it was....

Better controller
Better ports
Gears of War series

BTW
I own both a XB 360 & a PS3.
#79MizunoRyuuPosted 1/11/2013 12:02:59 PM
I had a choice between 360, PS3 and Wii. I wanted a Wii for SSBB, Fire Emblem and Paper Mario, but that was basically it. I went for 360 over PS3 because it, and the games, are cheaper.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#80tminus31Posted 1/11/2013 12:11:48 PM
Tales of Vesperia
---
It's Only Impossible If You Stop To Think About It