This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best looking game on the 360?

#1SpinalsniperPosted 1/11/2013 3:29:44 AM
It was almost universally agreed that Doom 3 was the best looking game on the original xbox or the last generation of consoles period. I have heard Halo 4 is amazingly beautiful, but is it the best looking?

Please tell me what you think the best looking game on the 360 is the best looking and why. I know we have some great titles coming out this year, so I want to be able to compare them to it.
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 1/11/2013 3:32:57 AM
Crysis 2
Gears of War 3
Forza 4
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3oasisbeyondPosted 1/11/2013 3:33:14 AM
Hmm... I think Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Chronicles Of Riddick, even Otogi 1 and 2 were way better looking then Doom 3... I own them all by the way.

This is a tough one, this gen hasn't been all that great for graphics I think.
Gears 2? 3?
Halo 4?
Forza 4?
Alan Wake? but had ugly textures...
Geometry wars was impressive lol for me.

Nothing stands out to me this gen, although playing Dirt 2 on my monitor was impressive, now that's a beauty and ran buttery smooth.
#4Spinalsniper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:38:28 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
Hmm... I think Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Chronicles Of Riddick, even Otogi 1 and 2 were way better looking then Doom 3... I own them all by the way.

I played Chaos theory and own TCOR, close on both counts, but the lighting and frames per second were both better on Doom, least for me.
---
#5majicray2112Posted 1/11/2013 3:53:46 AM
i think Crysis 2 wins by a hair over Gears 3 and Rage looked pretty good. Halo 4 has that shiny Japanese animations look, so does Killzone 3. Halo 4 looks great even with a lot going on in the screen, but Crysis 2 has color and looks very sharp.
#6oasisbeyondPosted 1/11/2013 4:08:49 AM
Hmm.. You played them on the original Xbox? The game runs like butter on the Xbox... But not so much on the 360. The game is beautiful on a flat screen sd tv, way nicer then a lcd or plasma.
#7TrueFinalePosted 1/11/2013 4:10:59 AM
Minecraft hands down
---
If everyone's opinion & values are the same, the human world would be 'perfect' and at peace.
~ I need to return some DVDs
#8Spinalsniper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:26:35 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
Hmm.. You played them on the original Xbox? The game runs like butter on the Xbox... But not so much on the 360. The game is beautiful on a flat screen sd tv, way nicer then a lcd or plasma.

Aye, I liked TCOR very much and Chaos too was very awesome. I don't know, I may be biased though. I played Doom 3 on a 110 inch DLP projector and it was beautiful. not that the others weren't though.
---
#9Spinalsniper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:47:53 AM
I only played the demo of Forza 4 and Forza Horizon, but they both looked great. I've seen a bit of Skyrim it was impressive, but nothing has really just jumped out and said it was they best looking.
---
#10Spartangod777Posted 1/11/2013 5:00:32 AM
Forza 4
Gears of War 3
Crysis 2
Halo 4
---
Nothing important to say here.