This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best looking game on the 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the best looking game on the 360?

User Info: Spinalsniper

Spinalsniper
3 years ago#1
It was almost universally agreed that Doom 3 was the best looking game on the original xbox or the last generation of consoles period. I have heard Halo 4 is amazingly beautiful, but is it the best looking?

Please tell me what you think the best looking game on the 360 is the best looking and why. I know we have some great titles coming out this year, so I want to be able to compare them to it.
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 years ago#2
Crysis 2
Gears of War 3
Forza 4
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
3 years ago#3
Hmm... I think Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Chronicles Of Riddick, even Otogi 1 and 2 were way better looking then Doom 3... I own them all by the way.

This is a tough one, this gen hasn't been all that great for graphics I think.
Gears 2? 3?
Halo 4?
Forza 4?
Alan Wake? but had ugly textures...
Geometry wars was impressive lol for me.

Nothing stands out to me this gen, although playing Dirt 2 on my monitor was impressive, now that's a beauty and ran buttery smooth.

Spinalsniper
3 years ago#4
oasisbeyond posted...
Hmm... I think Panzer Dragoon, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Chronicles Of Riddick, even Otogi 1 and 2 were way better looking then Doom 3... I own them all by the way.

I played Chaos theory and own TCOR, close on both counts, but the lighting and frames per second were both better on Doom, least for me.

User Info: majicray2112

majicray2112
3 years ago#5
i think Crysis 2 wins by a hair over Gears 3 and Rage looked pretty good. Halo 4 has that shiny Japanese animations look, so does Killzone 3. Halo 4 looks great even with a lot going on in the screen, but Crysis 2 has color and looks very sharp.

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
3 years ago#6
Hmm.. You played them on the original Xbox? The game runs like butter on the Xbox... But not so much on the 360. The game is beautiful on a flat screen sd tv, way nicer then a lcd or plasma.

User Info: TrueFinale

TrueFinale
3 years ago#7
Minecraft hands down
If everyone's opinion & values are the same, the human world would be 'perfect' and at peace.
~ I need to return some DVDs

Spinalsniper
3 years ago#8
oasisbeyond posted...
Hmm.. You played them on the original Xbox? The game runs like butter on the Xbox... But not so much on the 360. The game is beautiful on a flat screen sd tv, way nicer then a lcd or plasma.

Aye, I liked TCOR very much and Chaos too was very awesome. I don't know, I may be biased though. I played Doom 3 on a 110 inch DLP projector and it was beautiful. not that the others weren't though.

Spinalsniper
3 years ago#9
I only played the demo of Forza 4 and Forza Horizon, but they both looked great. I've seen a bit of Skyrim it was impressive, but nothing has really just jumped out and said it was they best looking.

User Info: Spartangod777

Spartangod777
3 years ago#10
Forza 4
Gears of War 3
Crysis 2
Halo 4
Nothing important to say here.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What is the best looking game on the 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived