This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The end of used console games!

#1turboreconPosted 1/11/2013 7:38:52 AM
If the next generation consoles lock out used games how will your buying habits change?
#2SparkItUpPosted 1/11/2013 7:40:14 AM
oh look...this topic again
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#3Pacman2dxPosted 1/11/2013 7:42:00 AM
I buy all my games new, I wait for price drops and take advantage of sales .. so I guess my habits will remain the same.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
C'mon luck ~ just once more .. and I'll tell you, everything you want to hear ..
#4Halochief6Posted 1/11/2013 7:45:03 AM
It'll do one of two things.

1. I'll spend more money since I can't buy used and save a few bucks here and there.

2. I'll spend less money because I don't want to pay full price and will wait for a price drop and by that time I might even lose interest in the game completely.
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#5SheepinatorPosted 1/11/2013 7:45:32 AM
It won't affect me. It may affect poor people though.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/11/2013 7:49:17 AM
Microsoft can have used games, Sony won't allow them to have the technology, since they patented it =p
#7JKSonicPosted 1/11/2013 7:50:02 AM
I'm thinking companies will see a steep drop of in full priced game sales. I barely buy full price as it is (I don't buy used much anymore either unless I have to...even then I rarely pay full price) but considering I won't be able to sell my games when I'm done to make money back and buy more games...I'll be spending even less.

Oh, who am I kidding, we're (especially us Americans) freaking super lazy and will generally do whatever is forced on us simply because it's too hard to put up a fight.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#8NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 11:21:52 AM(edited)
You are already feeling it. Just because Gamestop stop selling past gen games does not mean they are not still available. Oh and you just hurt your online sells with that disclaimer on them and you also will hurt your online gaming trying to force used game buyer out or into paying an additional $10.00.

Gaming online is overrated anyway. Imagine gaming online with some of the Companyboys that post pro Company over posting Pro Gamer on Gamefaqs. : )

Doing that and yet trying to sell past gen games on new gen systems at the same time. Mostly as overpriced Down load versions. Ha ha ha ha!

Your Games are Over. Not my Gaming though. You lost your mind and got out of control this Game Gen, Going for Control. You had no clue of the real game buying gamers.

Your best so-called gamers here really do still have their first X360 working.

...because they are modded and have a ton of free games on them. It's the same for most systems and Companyboys on Gamefaqs. Many that also work at Gamestop actually.

Funny if the TC works at Gamestop. They only have the buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games only. Not like some other places that have that deal on new games.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#9MichaeIPachterPosted 1/11/2013 11:21:50 AM
The entitled whiners need to realize that game developers have feelings too and buying used games causes them to quit their jobs like the doctors at Bioware. I applaud Sony and Microsoft for taking the necessary steps to ensure that true core gamers don't lose out on potential great new titles because the whiners cause talented developers to quit.
---
It's a profit deal.
#10NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 11:26:12 AM
Stop your freaking whining Companyboy. I saw some bad news for you on the news this morning. Good for you when your Gorilla Marketing is felling on you. Pushing game system over having the software for them will be your end also.

Oh and the old past gen excuses no longer fly. Games should have simultaneous all region releases. Specially games that are score 9s and 10s on reviews. Specially games you have already played one or two prequels to them in all regions. Specially with the MMO type pay as you play games you are trying to push. A must for those type of games to be released in all regions simultaneously.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )