This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The end of used console games!

#11NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 12:27:33 PM
I knooow you miss my Game Buying Dollars. Ohh yes you do Mr. Smith.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 1/11/2013 12:33:31 PM
NeojianX posted...
Stop your freaking whining Companyboy. I saw some bad news for you on the news this morning. Good for you when your Gorilla Marketing is felling on you. Pushing game system over having the software for them will be your end also.

Oh and the old past gen excuses no longer fly. Games should have simultaneous all region releases. Specially games that are score 9s and 10s on reviews. Specially games you have already played one or two prequels to them in all regions. Specially with the MMO type pay as you play games you are trying to push. A must for those type of games to be released in all regions simultaneously.

Go take a nap.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13TheBlueStigPosted 1/11/2013 12:41:22 PM
MichaeIPachter posted...
The entitled whiners need to realize that game developers have feelings too and buying used games causes them to quit their jobs like the doctors at Bioware.

Who the f*** is being entitled now? No developer deserves a cut of used sales, PERIOD.

No other used-sales industry sends a cut of those sales to the original creators, so why should game developers be treated differently? Why should their Mafia-like tactics be supported?

I applaud Sony and Microsoft for taking the necessary steps to ensure that true core gamers don't lose out on potential great new titles because the whiners cause talented developers to quit.

Those developers will go out of business without used sales, new game order numbers would drop drastically because nobody will want to pay full price for a game they'll be stuck with forever with no way to try it first.

A gamer who buys new, then trades in their games to buy more new games is actually the FAR bigger supporter of the developers than people who only buy new and never trade.

Give 2 gamers $500 each, restrict one of them to never trading any games in, and the gamer who trades games will be able to buy more than TWICE the amount of games as the non-trader.

Killing used games kills the industry in more ways than one, period.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 1/11/2013 12:45:25 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Who the f*** is being entitled now? No developer deserves a cut of used sales, PERIOD.

We've had this discussion before, you always end up on the short end. Wanna go again?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#15TheBlueStigPosted 1/11/2013 12:51:27 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

We've had this discussion before, you always end up on the short end. Wanna go again?

No I don't.

Name ONE LOGICAL REASON why game developers should be allowed to act like the Mafia demanding "their cut" of all used sales.....just one logical reason, something you've never been able to do in the past because you run away from the question and refuse to answer it every single time.

No other "creator" of ANY item capable of being sold used has ever gotten a cut of used sales, so once AGAIN, why should game developers be any different?

Any game developer that demands a cut of used sales is an entitled little b**** trying to act like the Mob.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16CammyApplePosted 1/11/2013 12:51:39 PM
If you spend a day reading all these kinds of threads you come to one conclusion. People think that games should not have online passes. All DLC should be free or part of the core game. Used game sales are fine. And if a company does or is against any of that it makes them "greedy".

Is this really what gamers are now?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#17SheepinatorPosted 1/11/2013 12:53:54 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
A gamer who buys new, then trades in their games to buy more new games is actually the FAR bigger supporter of the developers than people who only buy new and never trade.

Give 2 gamers $500 each, restrict one of them to never trading any games in, and the gamer who trades games will be able to buy more than TWICE the amount of games as the non-trader.

OK, let's play that game. Let's say people can buy $60 new games, $55 used games, and trade in for $30.

Used games:

New gamer buys 3 games for $180, trades in 2 for $60 credit, net cost to him is $120. Used gamer buys the 2 traded in games for $110. In this scenario the new buyer has spent $120, the used buyer has spent $110, so consumers in total have spent $230. Sony/MS have got 3 royalty fees for 3 new discs sold, the publisher has got 3 sales, and GameStop has $50 profit.

New games only:

New gamer buys 2 games for $120. Formerly used gamer buys 2 new games for $120 instead of $110. In this scenario consumers have spent $240. Sony/MS have got 4 royalty fees for 4 discs sold, the publishers have got 4 sales instead of 3, and GameStop is the big loser.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#18bladegash666Posted 1/11/2013 12:55:06 PM
I think for anyone who isn't a sycophant , the answer is obvious.

It won't affect me. It may affect poor people though.

Ever get tired of living on your knees?
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying
#19NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 1:07:46 PM(edited)
vigorm0rtis
Posted 1/11/2013 1:33:31 PM
message detail

NeojianX posted...

Stop your freaking whining Companyboy. I saw some bad news for you on the news this morning. Good for you when your Gorilla Marketing is felling on you. Pushing game system over having the software for them will be your end also.

Oh and the old past gen excuses no longer fly. Games should have simultaneous all region releases. Specially games that are score 9s and 10s on reviews. Specially games you have already played one or two prequels to them in all regions. Specially with the MMO type pay as you play games you are trying to push. A must for those type of games to be released in all regions simultaneously.

Go take a nap.

Compared to my post, your rebuttal seems sleepy and hollow. You from Sleepy Hollow? Ha ha ha ha! : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#20TheBlueStigPosted 1/11/2013 1:06:46 PM
Sheepinator posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

OK, let's play that game. Let's say people can buy $60 new games, $55 used games, and trade in for $30.

Used games:

New gamer buys 3 games for $180, trades in 2 for $60 credit, net cost to him is $120. Used gamer buys the 2 traded in games for $110. In this scenario the new buyer has spent $120, the used buyer has spent $110, so consumers in total have spent $230. Sony/MS have got 3 royalty fees for 3 new discs sold, the publisher has got 3 sales, and GameStop has $50 profit.

New games only:

New gamer buys 2 games for $120. Formerly used gamer buys 2 new games for $120 instead of $110. In this scenario consumers have spent $240. Sony/MS have got 4 royalty fees for 4 discs sold, the publishers have got 4 sales instead of 3, and GameStop is the big loser.

What I said was for both gamers buying ONLY NEW GAMES, then one is allowed to trade them in towards other new games while the other is forced to keep them.

The gamer who is allowed to trade games can buy twice as many games before the $500 is completely spent (assuming a 50% trade in value). The math doesn't lie.
---
Ben Franklin