This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The end of used console games!

#31NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 1:38:10 PM
Sleeping Dogs seems o have a lot of DLC. I just get the original games and call it a day. People with a serious backlog of games to play in a massive collection couldn't care less about DLC. : )

I really don['t like any of my system online. Sony is ridiculous with all the un necessary updates. Some that snatch functions. I hate un deleteable trophies and achievements either. Specially for a terrible game you just gave a try.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#32RetroFanGirlPosted 1/11/2013 1:39:02 PM
Wii U/PC is the only relevant choice next gen anyways.
---
Hi.
#33Drophyd167bPosted 1/11/2013 1:39:57 PM
I always buy new, but if this actually happened, I would not buy the next generation of consoles. I'd still have my PC and there are dozens of potentially great games from the last three years that I haven't played, let alone the last thirty years.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - Drophyd167b
#34scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 1:52:51 PM(edited)
Won't change my habits at all, I'm not buying hand me downs.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#35randomweirdoPosted 1/11/2013 2:32:52 PM
MichaeIPachter posted...
The entitled whiners need to realize that game developers have feelings too and buying used games causes them to quit their jobs like the doctors at Bioware. I applaud Sony and Microsoft for taking the necessary steps to ensure that true core gamers don't lose out on potential great new titles because the whiners cause talented developers to quit.

Game developers aren't the only ones who have their product sold used. So where's the crying from the folks who make movies about used DVDs? Or the people who publish books about used books?

All this is is the game developers blaming consumers for the fact that they aren't making games that are good enough to entice people to buy on release rather than wait for the price to drop or used copies to be available. And for games that aren't made by the bigger publishers, new copies being available in the first place. I know there's some games I would have rather have bought new, but a new copy wasn't available for purchase.

Give us good games that are worth our money and people will buy them new and few used copies will be available because people will want to keep the games rather than trading them in.
#36SheepinatorPosted 1/11/2013 2:39:25 PM
randomweirdo posted...
So where's the crying from the folks who make movies about used DVDs?

A lot of movies are profitable before a single used DVD is on the shelf, and they have other avenues for revenue too.

Give us good games that are worth our money and people will buy them new and few used copies will be available because people will want to keep the games rather than trading them in.

LOL, that's a good one. Countless good games have sold crap because gamers are getting increasingly entitled and greedy and expect more and more for the price of less and less. As shown here, you're basically asking for more hours of entertainment for your money, but you're not willing to pay a cent more for it I'm sure. And yet its apparently the developers who are greedy when they don't give you more for free.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#37anonymous4everPosted 1/11/2013 2:59:11 PM
SparkItUp posted...
oh look...this topic again
#38zyxomma100Posted 1/11/2013 3:19:07 PM
Countless good games have sold crap because gamers are getting increasingly entitled and greedy and expect more and more for the price of less and less.

That seems like a rather hasty assumption. I could just as easily say that countless bad games have sold well because gamers today will accept anything that's thrown at them.
#39XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/11/2013 3:24:31 PM
I won't buy a next gen console. I'm not having someone else dictate how I want to buy my games.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#40MutePrintPosted 1/11/2013 3:36:13 PM
Sheepinator is a great name for you, because that's exactly what you are, a sheep LOL. Weak minded as they come