This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favorite so called "bad game"?

#21natevinesPosted 1/11/2013 1:11:40 PM(edited)
Akaimizu posted...
I have two. "Too Human" and "Blue Stinger". Picked those, because I think the rest of my favorites were not as dogged on, but for their time, I loved their play mechanics and Blue Stinger as a 3D action-adventure with the best melee of its time and Crazy Games' (Climax Graphics, at the time) style of tongue-n-cheek humor. It eventually lead to the incredibly original, yet niche game, Illbleed.

Woah, thought we were staying in Xbox 360 territory.

But some great choices. I always thought Blue Stinger was a pretty damn solid survival horror game, one of the first games I got for my DC. I was a wee lad so I don't recall what kind of reviews the game garnered, but from your post I assume it was largely negative.

I remember being excited as all hell for Illbleed, but when it dropped I felt a little disappointed. It was more gimmicky than I expected, but definitely one of the quirkiest games I've ever played, and a tad disturbing at that.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#22NeojianXPosted 1/11/2013 1:11:28 PM(edited)
But of course you do Best $19.99 new game I have ever bought, .... other than Grim Fandango. Seems like a David Lynch game.

Nirvanas_Nox
Posted 1/11/2013 1:55:01 PM
message detail

X-Men Destiny =D

I liked it for only $9.99 new. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#23scoobydoobydontPosted 1/11/2013 1:11:14 PM
Amy. No jankier than half the Silent Hill series (which I also love).
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#24InsaneGamer137Posted 1/11/2013 1:13:01 PM
I liked Mercenaries 2 despite the fact it got a lot of mixed reviews.
---
Proud Grand Theft Auto and Ace Combat Fan Boy
#25Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/11/2013 1:18:23 PM
Splatterhouse - I LOVED the gameplay, story, and voice acting. Went on and 100% it.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#26nazacuckooPosted 1/11/2013 1:25:48 PM
Resident Evil 5.

I like 6 too, but I think it's the worst in the series.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#27pakathecatPosted 1/11/2013 1:31:56 PM
Two Worlds. Enjoyed the exploration and loot.
#28SunDevil77Posted 1/11/2013 1:41:59 PM(edited)
Resident Evil 6, Diablo 3, and Fable 3.
None are actually "bad" they're just universally hated.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#29AkaimizuPosted 1/11/2013 1:44:01 PM
natevines posted...
Akaimizu posted...
I have two. "Too Human" and "Blue Stinger". Picked those, because I think the rest of my favorites were not as dogged on, but for their time, I loved their play mechanics and Blue Stinger as a 3D action-adventure with the best melee of its time and Crazy Games' (Climax Graphics, at the time) style of tongue-n-cheek humor. It eventually lead to the incredibly original, yet niche game, Illbleed.

Woah, thought we were staying in Xbox 360 territory.

But some great choices. I always thought Blue Stinger was a pretty damn solid survival horror game, one of the first games I got for my DC. I was a wee lad so I don't recall what kind of reviews the game garnered, but from your post I assume it was largely negative.

I remember being excited as all hell for Illbleed, but when it dropped I felt a little disappointed. It was more gimmicky than I expected, but definitely one of the quirkiest games I've ever played, and a tad disturbing at that.

Illbleed actually has pretty solid play mechanics. The issue is that those play mechanics are absolutely different from every other game out there. Once you get around to switching characters a bit and find how their strengths and weaknesses are, you find out that each commands a completely different style of gameplay to excel. Oddly enough, as funny as the voice acting is, the characters explain themselves quite well right in the first cutscene. Major hints as to *how* you play them.

If you fail to play to their specific strengths, you get hurt. For instance, Eriko is average on all abilities, which isn't too strong in any playstyle, but because she's the most lion-hearted of the bunch, she's the most flexible and allowing for mistakes.

The Psychic, for instance, tries to avoid unnecessary fights but gets lots of reward for marking (guessing) correctly for ambushes. Her playstyle is more or less, for those who look at the environment and read it to mark ambush locations.

Randy gets the most of his energy, for marking, back from being highly aggressive. His playstyle requires people to be quite good at reading the environment for marking, but this time so that you purposely get into those fights and beat the ever living snot out of the ambush party. Getting into *marked* fights puts the player (especially Randy) at advantage, at the start of the fight, and rewards you with even extra marking energy. Alas, he's the brawler of the group. His gameplay is about combat first and good deductive marking second. The fights reward him well and fuel him to continue.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#30GeistPosted 1/11/2013 1:46:07 PM
According to this board? Guess I'd have to go with the whole Fable series. I love them all, but it seems people here hate them.
---
Currently playing : Retro City Rampage