This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#21zyxomma100Posted 1/13/2013 2:30:41 AM
You can add my name to the list of blind people.
#22TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 2:33:32 AM
zyxomma100 posted...
You can add my name to the list of blind people.

You aren't blind. You probably just don't have a high end piece of equipment that really contrasts the differences in resolution and picture quality.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#23GGearXPosted 1/13/2013 2:35:17 AM
Dude I have a 1080p Tellytubby and I all I notice is that the screen is bigger and the letters are readable. Are your TVs calibrated? Mine looks like crap.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#24RahzarXPosted 1/13/2013 2:35:55 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
The retina display on the MacBook is not 4k. Heck I think it's barely half of 4k. And the thing struggles to do anything other than basic browser functions due to the resolution being so taxing on the hardware.

You've never used a Mac...

Apple hardware is extremely performance heavy when it comes to multimedia. The resolution is very close to 4K. It's the closest we have on a functioning laptop at the moment. So it's a good example of how resolution works on a smaller screen.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#25triple sPosted 1/13/2013 3:09:42 AM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?

Seeing as I have a 27" 1080p computer monitor, if that was to be switched to a 720 monitor, the differences would be HUGE. Doesn't matter whether I'm 3 or 6 feet away.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#26cup_a_soupPosted 1/13/2013 3:34:11 AM
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
The retina display on the MacBook is not 4k. Heck I think it's barely half of 4k. And the thing struggles to do anything other than basic browser functions due to the resolution being so taxing on the hardware.

Apple hardware is extremely performance heavy when it comes to multimedia. The resolution is very close to 4K. It's the closest we have on a functioning laptop at the moment. So it's a good example of how resolution works on a smaller screen.

You're telling someone who works as a computer engineer in a font design company that he hasn't used a Mac.

If I was to state things like this, I wouldn't just spur random nonsense. 2880x1800 (MacBook) is no where near 4096 x 2160 (4k) . And Windows machines have long been outperforming Apple computers for media functions for a long time (heck, even Adobes CS programs were best supported on Windows for a long time).
The only reason why Apple still dominates the media market is because it's what designers are used to, and what they trained on, since in the 90s, Macs were largely more reliable and stable than Windows machines. Nowadays, there's little difference between the two OSs, and the hardware has far more potential on a PC.
#27GGearXPosted 1/13/2013 3:41:18 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...

You're telling someone who works as a computer engineer in a font design company that he hasn't used a Mac.

If I was to state things like this, I wouldn't just spur random nonsense. 2880x1800 (MacBook) is no where near 4096 x 2160 (4k) . And Windows machines have long been outperforming Apple computers for media functions for a long time (heck, even Adobes CS programs were best supported on Windows for a long time).
The only reason why Apple still dominates the media market is because it's what designers are used to, and what they trained on, since in the 90s, Macs were largely more reliable and stable than Windows machines. Nowadays, there's little difference between the two OSs, and the hardware has far more potential on a PC.

Stop lying bro. You can't prove that. . Guess what? I'm Skrillex and play pokemon. See how easy it is to lie?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#28zyxomma100Posted 1/13/2013 4:39:34 AM
You aren't blind. You probably just don't have a high end piece of equipment that really contrasts the differences in resolution and picture quality.

Actually, my equipment is quite adequate. I really do have terrible eyesight.
#29TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 6:45:48 AM
zyxomma100 posted...

Actually, my equipment is quite adequate. I really do have terrible eyesight.

Yet you can decipher my posts with such ease. You must have that new Nintendo Braille app for your browser.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#30zyxomma100Posted 1/13/2013 7:17:30 AM(edited)
Yet you can decipher my posts with such ease. You must have that new Nintendo Braille app for your browser.

I... what? Terrible eyesight doesn't mean I can't read or comprehend words.

You've made a vast overassumption (that should be a word). Just because I say I like cats doesn't mean you can think I'm the crazy cat lady who lives down the street with 50 cats.