This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#31ILikesCheesePosted 1/13/2013 8:20:17 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
NakedSnake1986 posted...
You can't even tell the different in sets under 32".

Your local representative of the Blind just called, he'd like to offer you his seeing-eye dog....

Here's a little FYI for you.....PC monitors were going over 2200x2000 rez a decade ago before "HD Standards" ruined everything and dumbed them down.

You were too hasty in posting your snarky response to realize you are quite wrong on this. A simple Google on the subject will throw a lot of egg in your face. 1080 P vs 720 P on sets less than 30 inches is well nigh undetectable. Sure, if you look really, REALLY hard (like with your face pressed up against the screen) you MIGHT be able to see a TINY difference, but other than that, nope.

Note I am speaking of TV sets here, where the average (normal) person sits several feet away, and uses said set for TV/movie watching and perhaps the occasional video game. NOT the PC Elite Squad playing StarcraftWorldofMMOoftheweek. And since we all know that THOSE types do in fact play with their noses against their screens (sorry, "monitors") perhaps they are wired to notice faint differences and call the rest of us "blind" and "stupid".
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#32DarkSymbiotePosted 1/13/2013 8:15:45 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
lol at 60fps.

Seriously. The internet's fascination with this is disturbing.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#33PoloMan6Posted 1/13/2013 8:17:37 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
jaymart_2k posted...
Still waiting for the standard to be 720p with 60 fps

You're still waiting for the standard to be the MINIMUM HD resolution?

Less than two years from now 720p will be dropped off the list of HD resolutions just like 480p was 2 years ago.

What he is saying is that 1/2 the games that came out this gen were not even 720p but a lower resolution scaled to 720p.
#34SythisTaruPosted 1/13/2013 8:17:47 AM
All that matters is Anti-Aliasing. If there are no jaggies, I could care less what the resolution is.
#35FGMPRPosted 1/13/2013 8:30:52 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
lol at 60fps.

Erm... what could be so disturbing about wanting your games to run at 60FPS? It's a VASTLY superior visual experience. There's no debating it, and anyone who plays games at 60FPS with any kind of regularity would never call asking for it "disturbing". In fact, that could be the most ignorant thing I've read all week, and this is coming from someone who hangs around on system wars.
---
If you believe in Satan, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#36DarkSymbiotePosted 1/13/2013 8:34:23 AM
FGMPR posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
lol at 60fps.

Erm... what could be so disturbing about wanting your games to run at 60FPS? It's a VASTLY superior visual experience. There's no debating it, and anyone who plays games at 60FPS with any kind of regularity would never call asking for it "disturbing". In fact, that could be the most ignorant thing I've read all week, and this is coming from someone who hangs around on system wars.

60 FPS look games feel like those TV soap operas. Also, a 30 FPS game can improve the visual quality by a lot. Only racers and fighters should have 60 FPS as mandatory. I don't believe what I said is ignorant at all. You just don't want to think on it. There was a time when I thought all 60 FPS games were instantly superior.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#37TheBonfiniPosted 1/13/2013 8:39:13 AM
zyxomma100 posted...
Yet you can decipher my posts with such ease. You must have that new Nintendo Braille app for your browser.

I... what? Terrible eyesight doesn't mean I can't read or comprehend words.

You've made a vast overassumption (that should be a word). Just because I say I like cats doesn't mean you can think I'm the crazy cat lady who lives down the street with 50 cats.

If you have good enough eyesight to read my posts than you have good enough eyesight to tell the difference between resolutions as different as 720/1080&4000k. Unless you're a blind follower.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#38ILikesCheesePosted 1/13/2013 8:52:56 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
lol at 60fps.

I love racing games, and there is a difference between the two frame rates. But I agree, it is not the "be-all-end-all-oh-my-god!" difference that some types make it out to be.

When you have a racing game with high def graphics and detailed scenery, you will indeed notice much more of a difference in frame rate differences than with a cartoon racer in a world with cartoon colored blocks. I'm not a big fighting game fan, but I can also see how frame rate of this magnitude can in some way affect those twitch response games.

However, when you think about it, it is not a HUGE difference. We watch movies and most television at 24 frames a second. Videotape reality shows, sports and soap operas clock in at the 30-something frame rate. And don't get me started on The Hobbit and Jackson's fascination with 48 FPS. (Bleh!)

The most important aspect in a video game is STEADY frame rate. I'd much rather play a game that always stays at 30 FPS than something that bounces around between 30 and 60. That type of stuff induces motion sickness.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#39ShadowSkill11Posted 1/13/2013 8:53:59 AM
Meh, baby gamers. The same conversation happened 8 years ago with topics like. "lol at HD gaming."
#40TheBlueStigPosted 1/13/2013 9:08:17 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
1080 P vs 720 P on sets less than 30 inches is well nigh undetectable.

Why, because some self-proclaimed "expert" told you it was undetectable? I suppose that you believe that stupid crap about the human eye not being able to discern anything faster than 60fps too don't you?

The key word in most of those statements is UNTRAINED EYE, plus the simple fact that the human eye doesn't see in frames per second. Anyone that's used to running PC games at high resolutions and high framerates will INSTANTLY be able to tell if the settings are changed.

Jaggies, 720p will show them VERY CLEARLY even with FSAA running while they'll be harder to detect at the higher resolution.

Here's a little experiment for you, open up MS Paint, set the image parameters to 1280x720, now paint the whole thing a solid color.

Now go back up to the image parameters and change them to 1920x1080. You should see your painted box with a white strip at the bottom and right edges. Save the image and put it on a USB stick and shove it in your 360.

Go to the image viewer.

Now you see the difference in resolutions, if you can't tell that difference, you really are blind and you should go see your eye doctor. If you're wearing glasses, clean the damn things, then go get a new prescription.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin