This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#51ILikesCheesePosted 1/13/2013 10:18:58 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Most video content is running 30fps right now, has been for years already.

You are just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you? LOL.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#52SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 1/13/2013 10:25:47 AM
"There's more games under 720p than there are 1080p"?

TC are you this...oblivious?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#53temgunPosted 1/13/2013 10:38:57 AM
jaymart_2k posted...
Heck there's more games that are under 720p then 1080p.

Games under 720p: Plenty
Games under 1080p: All

Plenty>All? What...
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#54TheBlueStigPosted 1/13/2013 10:42:38 AM
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
I wonder how bad*** would 90 FPS look like.

Get a computer powerful enough to run a game at 200+fps and lock it at 90fps.

I used to run Quake 3 at 125fps to make certain jumps possible in the Rocket Arena mod.

Tell me how it feels when it goes fast. I mean that's crazy. I came barely handle 60.

Running the framerate that fast doesn't run the gameplay faster.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#55TheBlueStigPosted 1/13/2013 10:52:42 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
1080 P vs 720 P on sets less than 30 inches is well nigh undetectable.

Why, because some self-proclaimed "expert" told you it was undetectable?

Not just "one" expert. ALL of them. Sorry, but when every tech site across the internet claims 720P and 1080P are indistinguishable at certain screen sizes - a fact I and my trained eye completely agree with - you need to just sit down and learn something. Or continue pissing in the wind. Your choice.

Take your own advice, and realize this, all those tech sites are quoting eachother and NOT quoting from actual experience, which means just ONE uninformed and totally blind moron bought a cheap ass piece of s*** 1080p TV and compared it to another equally piece of s*** 720p TV and couldn't tell the difference because his glaucoma glasses were dirty. Then he published that OPINION on a TV blog and everybody believed it like a sucker.

ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most video content is running 30fps right now, has been for years already.

You are just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

When was the last time you did a properties check on video files on your PC? You'll find that 29.996fps is the current standard, and it's been that way since AVI's gained popularity more than 10 years ago.

Put that framerate into Google and see how behind the times you are.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#56GGearXPosted 1/13/2013 11:11:29 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...

I used to run Quake 3 at 125fps to make certain jumps possible in the Rocket Arena mod.

Tell me how it feels when it goes fast. I mean that's crazy. I came barely handle 60.

Call of Duty says otherwise...
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#57TheBlueStigPosted 1/13/2013 11:17:23 AM
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...

Then CoD is programmed wrong because I've never seen gameplay speed up to hyper speed when the framerate went up. It gets smoother, and in some cases in a few games it allows things to happen that don't at lower framerates, but it never got the "jump to lightspeed" that you're implying.
---
Ben Franklin
#58temgunPosted 1/13/2013 12:56:25 PM
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...

Wow, now you are being just very ignorant. If CoD would run at 30 fps, the game speed would be exactly the same, but it would feel significantly more sluggish. Many people run PC games at 120 fps. It does not make the game go faster, it just makes everything incredibly smooth, depends on a game though.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#59NightTerrorX99Posted 1/13/2013 1:10:52 PM
FGMPR posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
lol at 60fps.

Seriously. The internet's fascination with this is disturbing.

Erm... what could be so disturbing about wanting your games to run at 60FPS? It's a VASTLY superior visual experience. There's no debating it, and anyone who plays games at 60FPS with any kind of regularity would never call asking for it "disturbing". In fact, that could be the most ignorant thing I've read all week, and this is coming from someone who hangs around on system wars.

It's not a vastly entertaining experience. It's like putting ketchup on French fries. It tastes better with it, but anyone without vanity could care less.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#60ChromaticAngelPosted 1/13/2013 1:13:51 PM
NightTerrorX99 posted...
It's not a vastly entertaining experience. It's like putting ketchup on French fries. It tastes better with it, but anyone without vanity could care less.

you haven't really played many games at 60 fps have you
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.