This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#61NightTerrorX99Posted 1/13/2013 12:17:52 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...
It's not a vastly entertaining experience. It's like putting ketchup on French fries. It tastes better with it, but anyone without vanity could care less.

you haven't really played many games at 60 fps have you

I bet next you'll be telling me I don't own a computer.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#62Deathx113Posted 1/13/2013 12:19:36 PM
What is 4k gaming?

Is it the new 'cool' thing?
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#63JenniferTatePosted 1/13/2013 12:26:09 PM
So my HD-DVDs didn't take off?
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#64triple sPosted 1/13/2013 2:34:53 PM
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
GGearX posted...
I wonder how bad*** would 90 FPS look like.

Get a computer powerful enough to run a game at 200+fps and lock it at 90fps.

I used to run Quake 3 at 125fps to make certain jumps possible in the Rocket Arena mod.

Tell me how it feels when it goes fast. I mean that's crazy. I came barely handle 60.

Running the framerate that fast doesn't run the gameplay faster.

Call of Duty says otherwise...

I can play Gears of War 1 on the PC at 60fps. It doesn't make it "faster" as much as it makes it smoother. Anything past 60fps isn't that noticeable but games feel more responsive. Most PC games use frame skipping to make sure you have a fast framerate but not at the expense at making your game feel like it's on turbo.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#65blakbird13Posted 1/13/2013 2:46:25 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?

The blind guy asks the dog "how does that look to you?". The dog replies "ruff". The guy says "yeah it looks a little ruff to me too"...
Get it dog ruff blind... Bet the blind guy didn't see that one coming ...
#66RahzarXPosted 1/13/2013 2:57:03 PM
cup_a_soup posted...
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
The retina display on the MacBook is not 4k. Heck I think it's barely half of 4k. And the thing struggles to do anything other than basic browser functions due to the resolution being so taxing on the hardware.

You've never used a Mac...

Apple hardware is extremely performance heavy when it comes to multimedia. The resolution is very close to 4K. It's the closest we have on a functioning laptop at the moment. So it's a good example of how resolution works on a smaller screen.

You're telling someone who works as a computer engineer in a font design company that he hasn't used a Mac.

If I was to state things like this, I wouldn't just spur random nonsense. 2880x1800 (MacBook) is no where near 4096 x 2160 (4k) . And Windows machines have long been outperforming Apple computers for media functions for a long time (heck, even Adobes CS programs were best supported on Windows for a long time).
The only reason why Apple still dominates the media market is because it's what designers are used to, and what they trained on, since in the 90s, Macs were largely more reliable and stable than Windows machines. Nowadays, there's little difference between the two OSs, and the hardware has far more potential on a PC.

Computer engineer... font design.... you know nothing about resolution.

I work in Television.

I love how you post the numbers and how close they are then just say, they're not even near... Yah, 2 isnt' near 3, or 4 either.

2880x1800 is VERY close to 4K. On the scale of a computer screen, the resolution is comparable to an IMAX size screen. Then you say "Windows" machines have been outperforming Apple machines lol. You're so new.

The more I read the more I find you to be laughably stupid.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#67IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 3:03:21 PM(edited)
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most video content is running 30fps right now, has been for years already.

You are just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

When was the last time you did a properties check on video files on your PC? You'll find that 29.996fps is the current standard, and it's been that way since AVI's gained popularity more than 10 years ago.

Put that framerate into Google and see how behind the times you are.

This is just incorrect. You're trying to use a converted avi file and say that it is standard. The source film that movie theaters play runs at 24fps unless it is one of the few exceptions that run at 48.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/128113-why-movies-are-moving-from-24-to-48-fps
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#68IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 3:05:04 PM
NightTerrorX99 posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...
It's not a vastly entertaining experience. It's like putting ketchup on French fries. It tastes better with it, but anyone without vanity could care less.

But there is a huge difference between 30 and 60fps. Once I had played Skyrim at 60+fps on my computer, I didn't even want to play it on my console anymore.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#69GGearXPosted 1/13/2013 3:06:49 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...

But there is a huge difference between 30 and 60fps. Once I had played Skyrim at 60+fps on my computer, I didn't even want to play it on my console anymore.

Was it faster? That's awesome.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#70IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 3:25:59 PM
GGearX posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
NightTerrorX99 posted...

Was it faster? That's awesome.

As has been said numerous times in this topic, higher fps does not make it faster. It makes it smoother.
---