This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#71RisingWaterPosted 1/13/2013 3:29:46 PM
TV industry will have a hard time making people move onto 4K sets,imo.
#72death cloudPosted 1/13/2013 4:41:57 PM
*posts in a terrible thread*
---
Caps Lock is like cruise control for cool
GT: smcgrath0610
#73knightimexPosted 1/13/2013 5:32:38 PM
I have played games at 3,000 frames per second.
Still plays like 60fps.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#74knightimexPosted 1/13/2013 5:36:43 PM
4k resolution won't improve resolution on a small scale until they can find a way to push pixels 4x closer together on a 40inch monitor.
4k resolution on a 80in tv (minimum size) will look just as good as 1080p on a smaller TV such as 40 inches.

Digital movies in theaters are displayed in 4k resolution.
In my town anyways.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#75TheBlueStigPosted 1/13/2013 7:22:56 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most video content is running 30fps right now, has been for years already.

You are just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

When was the last time you did a properties check on video files on your PC? You'll find that 29.996fps is the current standard, and it's been that way since AVI's gained popularity more than 10 years ago.

Put that framerate into Google and see how behind the times you are.

This is just incorrect. You're trying to use a converted avi file and say that it is standard. The source film that movie theaters play runs at 24fps unless it is one of the few exceptions that run at 48.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/128113-why-movies-are-moving-from-24-to-48-fps

Check the files that you BUY from digital services on both the 360 and the PS3 and from digital copies coming from discs, the standard has been 29.996 for no less than TEN YEARS.

Check the framerate on any NTSC standard device, it's been 29.996 for a very long time.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#76IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 7:26:00 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Most video content is running 30fps right now, has been for years already.

You are just a fountain of misinformation, aren't you?

When was the last time you did a properties check on video files on your PC? You'll find that 29.996fps is the current standard, and it's been that way since AVI's gained popularity more than 10 years ago.

Put that framerate into Google and see how behind the times you are.

This is just incorrect. You're trying to use a converted avi file and say that it is standard. The source film that movie theaters play runs at 24fps unless it is one of the few exceptions that run at 48.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/128113-why-movies-are-moving-from-24-to-48-fps

Check the files that you BUY from digital services on both the 360 and the PS3 and from digital copies coming from discs, the standard has been 29.996 for no less than TEN YEARS.

Check the framerate on any NTSC standard device, it's been 29.996 for a very long time.

Cite a source that proves what you say. I did.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#77ChromaticAngelPosted 1/13/2013 7:26:44 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

who the hell gives a s*** about pre-recorded video frame rate? all we care about is the in game frame rate, which the standard for PC gamers has always been 60fps.

The standard is going to make a climb soon to 120fps to allow for 60fps 3D-gaming.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#78IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 7:26:45 PM
knightimex posted...
I have played games at 3,000 frames per second.
Still plays like 60fps.

No one thinks that you're funny.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#79GorillaOnRoofPosted 1/13/2013 7:27:08 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
1080 P vs 720 P on sets less than 30 inches is well nigh undetectable.

Why, because some self-proclaimed "expert" told you it was undetectable? I suppose that you believe that stupid crap about the human eye not being able to discern anything faster than 60fps too don't you?

The key word in most of those statements is UNTRAINED EYE, plus the simple fact that the human eye doesn't see in frames per second. Anyone that's used to running PC games at high resolutions and high framerates will INSTANTLY be able to tell if the settings are changed.

Jaggies, 720p will show them VERY CLEARLY even with FSAA running while they'll be harder to detect at the higher resolution.

Here's a little experiment for you, open up MS Paint, set the image parameters to 1280x720, now paint the whole thing a solid color.

Now go back up to the image parameters and change them to 1920x1080. You should see your painted box with a white strip at the bottom and right edges. Save the image and put it on a USB stick and shove it in your 360.

Go to the image viewer.

Now you see the difference in resolutions, if you can't tell that difference, you really are blind and you should go see your eye doctor. If you're wearing glasses, clean the damn things, then go get a new prescription.

Bah, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I did what you said and now I got a ****ing virus.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#80GorillaOnRoofPosted 1/13/2013 7:30:08 PM
Let me explain it in a way you'll understand:

You don't know WHAT you're TALKING about. I did what you SAID, and NOW I have a ****ING VIRUS.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.