This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at 4K Gaming

#81ChromaticAngelPosted 1/13/2013 8:32:52 PM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
Let me explain it in a way you'll understand:

You don't know WHAT you're TALKING about. I did what you SAID, and NOW I have a ****ING VIRUS.

There is no possible way you could get a Virus just by creating an image in Paint and viewing it on your 360.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#82dj___rollPosted 1/13/2013 9:13:05 PM
cup_a_soup posted...
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
The retina display on the MacBook is not 4k. Heck I think it's barely half of 4k. And the thing struggles to do anything other than basic browser functions due to the resolution being so taxing on the hardware.

You've never used a Mac...

Apple hardware is extremely performance heavy when it comes to multimedia. The resolution is very close to 4K. It's the closest we have on a functioning laptop at the moment. So it's a good example of how resolution works on a smaller screen.

You're telling someone who works as a computer engineer in a font design company that he hasn't used a Mac.

If I was to state things like this, I wouldn't just spur random nonsense. 2880x1800 (MacBook) is no where near 4096 x 2160 (4k) . And Windows machines have long been outperforming Apple computers for media functions for a long time (heck, even Adobes CS programs were best supported on Windows for a long time).
The only reason why Apple still dominates the media market is because it's what designers are used to, and what they trained on, since in the 90s, Macs were largely more reliable and stable than Windows machines. Nowadays, there's little difference between the two OSs, and the hardware has far more potential on a PC.

Computer engineer... font design.... you know nothing about resolution.

I work in Television.

I love how you post the numbers and how close they are then just say, they're not even near... Yah, 2 isnt' near 3, or 4 either.

2880x1800 is VERY close to 4K. On the scale of a computer screen, the resolution is comparable to an IMAX size screen. Then you say "Windows" machines have been outperforming Apple machines lol. You're so new.

The more I read the more I find you to be laughably stupid.

So you're trying to claim that 5,184,000 pixels is close to the same as 8,847,360? That's only 60% of what 4k displays. I guess 480p is pretty close to 720p then huh? Looks the same, right?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#83dj___rollPosted 1/13/2013 9:15:23 PM

You don't know WHAT you're TALKING about. I did what you SAID, and NOW I have a ****ING VIRUS.

Stupid or trolling? Not saying you are, but I had to ask.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#84IvanKozlovPosted 1/13/2013 10:36:37 PM
dj___roll posted...

How do people not know of Gorilla yet?
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#85Halochief6Posted 1/13/2013 10:43:35 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?

I lol'd f***ing hard
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#86CapwnDPosted 1/13/2013 10:49:20 PM
I would have loved to see that Gran Turismo tech demo with the 4 PS3s powering it.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#87CapwnDPosted 1/13/2013 10:56:12 PM(edited)
You can't even tell the different in sets under 32". My Vizio 32" is 1080p but that was just overkill.

dude... just dude.

I hate to side with bluestig on anything, but it does make differences. First of all, it's usually never a "720p" TV anyways, it's actually 1366 x 768. So unless you're getting the content scaled in that resolution, you may get jaggies or an undesirable picture. Plus, many things are actually 1080p including many things with the current gen consoles.

And finally, when you sit close to a 32 inch screen or smaller (and you will) a higher resolution is going to make it look better.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#88GorillaOnRoofPosted 1/14/2013 4:42:23 AM
dj___roll posted...

No no, I appreciate you coming to me first before making an accusation. I'm stupid.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#89cup_a_soupPosted 1/14/2013 4:48:20 AM
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
RahzarX posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
The retina display on the MacBook is not 4k. Heck I think it's barely half of 4k. And the thing struggles to do anything other than basic browser functions due to the resolution being so taxing on the hardware.

You've never used a Mac...

Apple hardware is extremely performance heavy when it comes to multimedia. The resolution is very close to 4K. It's the closest we have on a functioning laptop at the moment. So it's a good example of how resolution works on a smaller screen.

You're telling someone who works as a computer engineer in a font design company that he hasn't used a Mac.

If I was to state things like this, I wouldn't just spur random nonsense. 2880x1800 (MacBook) is no where near 4096 x 2160 (4k) . And Windows machines have long been outperforming Apple computers for media functions for a long time (heck, even Adobes CS programs were best supported on Windows for a long time).
The only reason why Apple still dominates the media market is because it's what designers are used to, and what they trained on, since in the 90s, Macs were largely more reliable and stable than Windows machines. Nowadays, there's little difference between the two OSs, and the hardware has far more potential on a PC.

Computer engineer... font design.... you know nothing about resolution.

I work in Television.

I love how you post the numbers and how close they are then just say, they're not even near... Yah, 2 isnt' near 3, or 4 either.

2880x1800 is VERY close to 4K. On the scale of a computer screen, the resolution is comparable to an IMAX size screen. Then you say "Windows" machines have been outperforming Apple machines lol. You're so new.

The more I read the more I find you to be laughably stupid.

Really? Because you just made yourself sound incredibly stupid from that single post.
#90oasisbeyondPosted 1/14/2013 4:51:51 AM
720p and 1080p = no dif on a 32 inch. That said... Play 360 games on a 26 inch monitor or less and it's beautiful cuz there's less jaggies, or smaller jaggies.

Next Gen games will look amazing on 32 inch tv's but not so much on 60.
Maybe the next next gen.. .:)

But, who cares? TC is a troll.