This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Ps3 the console of the year every year according to the polls?

#81SparkItUpPosted 1/14/2013 4:25:43 AM
TheArcade posted...
GameFaqs is dominated by PS fanatics.

has nothing to do with this in the least...people in general are getting more & more tired of MS concentrating on XBLA, rehashes, Apps & Kinect...pretty much everything but new exclusive IPs
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#82TheArcadePosted 1/14/2013 11:50:54 AM(edited)
SparkItUp posted...
TheArcade posted...
GameFaqs is dominated by PS fanatics.

has nothing to do with this in the least...people in general are getting more & more tired of MS concentrating on XBLA, rehashes, Apps & Kinect...pretty much everything but new exclusive IPs

Baloney, GFaqs was pro-Sony since the PS2 days but hey, this maybe difficult for you to accept but many folks actively use those Apps. Ya can't fault families for loving Kinect and people like myself and the people I hang out with adore XBLA. The question is would I rather play a retail RPG/FPS or do I wanna play MvC1? I'll gladly take the latter.

Also important to note - a lot of the IP's on XBLA ARE brand new. I would add that I things like Otomedius Excellent and Virtual On 2 are exclusive retail IP's we have been seeing lately. Just because you refuse to acknowledge them doesn't mean they aren't there. Now I would pushback in saying what could PS3 do for me lately? Judging by their 2012 line-up, not much.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#83Rebel_GPosted 1/14/2013 2:00:58 PM
In the first half of this gen, 360 >>>>>>>>>>> PS3.

However, since it's matured, PS3 >>>>>>>>>>> 360.

The size of the libraries has become a moot point.

Gold members pay a monthly fee for everything PS3 does for free (Online Multiplayer, Netflix, Web Browser).

Likewise, PS+ actually pays for itself with all the free games you get. Right now, you can get SF4, Bioshock 2, Infamous 2, NBA Jam : On Fire, and on and on for free.

And if you have a PS Portable / Vita, they have free games and discounts for those, as well.

Rechargeable remotes, built in WiFi, and bluray are standard.
---
PSWii60 Gamer
#84TheArcadePosted 1/14/2013 3:10:18 PM
I love how people call rentals "free games" moreso if PSN does everything XBL does am I to assume it's possible to do things like private chat across games/apps, universal game invites, party chat and beacons on PSN?
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#85CapnStankyPosted 1/14/2013 3:17:10 PM
Everywhere except sales and review scores!LOLOLOLO
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#86Rebel_GPosted 1/14/2013 4:18:36 PM
TheArcade posted...
I love how people call rentals "free games" moreso if PSN does everything XBL does am I to assume it's possible to do things like private chat across games/apps, universal game invites, party chat and beacons on PSN?

And all of the above have zero value if you're not social gaming.

Not everybody is hooked on multiplayer gaming. A huge portion of the market are still focused on the single player experience.

As for the rental comment, I'm not a collector, so it works for me.

I juice a game like a lemon, and then never touch it again. One and done.

Don't get me wrong, though. I still love my 360, and I was an admitted fanboy for years, but things can change.
---
PSWii60 Gamer
#87bladegash666Posted 1/14/2013 7:27:25 PM
I nominate Velvet as most effective troll in this board's history. Even Hentai and Stanky can't keep up Damn you guys are WEAK!
---
"These guys are just names on a list , they come up and we take em down. Not a paper more , not a bullet less"
"BATMANNNNNN" - Joker crying