This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ants in my 360 , PLEASE HELP??

#11TheBlueStigPosted 1/14/2013 2:54:12 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
darkhare posted...
turn the 360 off, ants are attracted to electricity.

Ants aren't attracted to electricity, they're attracted to components electronics are made of. Turning off the electricity won't do anything.

Crazy Raspberry Ants.

They're a huge problem in southern states because they're attracted to the giant green electrical junction boxes and flood into them in numbers high enough to overload the boxes resulting in power outages.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 1/14/2013 2:55:23 PM
Super Creatures posted...
+1 for cold climates.

No ****ing ants in the middle of January.

I thought so, but my I just had to take care of an ant invasion at my mom's place last week. Michigan. In January, for pete's sake.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13darkharePosted 1/14/2013 2:55:27 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
darkhare posted...
turn the 360 off, ants are attracted to electricity.

Ants aren't attracted to electricity, they're attracted to components electronics are made of. Turning off the electricity won't do anything.

by turning it off i ment unplug it, most electronics nowdays will vamp electricity whether its on or off but still plugged into the wall. then id wrap it up in a plastic bag and wait till the ants died.
---
young enough to still enjoy being a ass, old enough not to give a damn about how it makes you feel.
#14Ginsu VictimPosted 1/14/2013 2:58:22 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
They're a huge problem in southern states because they're attracted to the giant green electrical junction boxes and flood into them in numbers high enough to overload the boxes resulting in power outages.

I'm in Oklahoma. My in-laws (who live out in the country) had them eat through the wiring on their well's pump, which caused them to have no water for a few days. Getting rid of the bastards wasn't easy.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#15Samman123Posted 1/14/2013 3:05:56 PM
Just keep using the 360. I don't think ants will damage it.
---
MMA fan for life.
#16Silent Sniper IVPosted 1/14/2013 3:07:36 PM
Insert a copy of duke nukem forever and they'll all leave.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#17mcquizx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:18:05 PM
most liekley I'm going to have to open it, my warranty is expired , how about a freezer will that kill them cause its like freakin scary if there's tons inside, I see at least 37 in the holes but idk for sure,
---
#18DarkshowersPosted 1/14/2013 3:20:13 PM
In SimAnt, I sent one of my ants to infiltrate their base and kill their Queen. Instant win one of the easiest Sim games I finished!
#19vigorm0rtisPosted 1/14/2013 3:20:22 PM
mcquizx posted...
most liekley I'm going to have to open it, my warranty is expired , how about a freezer will that kill them cause its like freakin scary if there's tons inside, I see at least 37 in the holes but idk for sure,

Don't use a freezer, Get some compressed air, a shop vac, whatever. Take it outside and get them out. They're just ants, dude. Worst case scenario it'll be kind of gross if bugs bother you.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#20Ginsu VictimPosted 1/14/2013 3:26:01 PM(edited)
vigorm0rtis posted...
They're just ants, dude. Worst case scenario it'll be kind of gross if bugs bother you.

Actually, if it's the kind of ants I think they are, I had my hand swell up like a balloon for several days after getting stung by several of them. It's a nasty sting.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)