This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ants in my 360 , PLEASE HELP??

#31AbstraktProfSC2Posted 1/14/2013 4:05:59 PM
Put it in a big zip-lock bag. double-bag it. spray some kinda poison in there. Let it sit for a few days without opening it
Ants need oxygen to live too
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#32mcquizx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:16:13 PM
For those who think I live in a pigsty that's not the problem I broom and dust every week and when needed, as for ants I always had this problem, throw a peice of clothes on the rim of my wall and they all go underneath it, and these ants r tiny. Like a third the size you'd normally see.
---
#33SabianthPosted 1/14/2013 4:24:17 PM
Hint: Ants don't like weather in the negatives. Or RAID. Or bugspray.
#34bman52480Posted 1/14/2013 4:35:27 PM
The freezer would kill them, but would also probably leave some condensation inside the console, and rotting ant corpses. Condensation is not a big issue if you make 100% sure the console is dry before turning it on.

Most people don't realize that water only shorts out active electronics. If the device is 100% unpowered when it gets wet and the water is cleaned it can be dried out and restarted. (No don't drop your phone in the toilet to try to prove me wrong).

The bigger issue is that ants leave chemical trails to tell other ants where to go, so the inside of your console will be like a beacon for other ants to follow even if you get them out.

I would probably bag the xbox for a couple of days (they don't use much oxygen, might take a while) to exhaust their air supply while also placing some ant traps near the area (ants will take the bait back to the colony and kill others), then vacuum out the console because I wouldn't want a dead ant bridging a gap between two circuits and destroying the whole thing.

Don't put ant poison in the bag as many posions contain chlorine or other corrosive chemicals that I would not want to expose the electronics of the console to.
---
"The Miss Universe Pageant is fixed, the winners are always from Earth."
#35EliteGuard99Posted 1/14/2013 4:37:37 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Insert a copy of duke nukem forever and they'll all leave.

Win
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#36mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/14/2013 4:40:28 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
darkhare posted...
turn the 360 off, ants are attracted to electricity.

Ants aren't attracted to electricity, they're attracted to components electronics are made of. Turning off the electricity won't do anything.

Crazy Raspberry Ants.

They're a huge problem in southern states because they're attracted to the giant green electrical junction boxes and flood into them in numbers high enough to overload the boxes resulting in power outages.

You'd think they'd stop painting those boxes green huh?
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#37ScroePosted 1/14/2013 4:45:58 PM
Bake a cake and put it next to the 360, then when the ants come out to eat the cake throw it out the window.
#38aamotPosted 1/14/2013 4:49:48 PM
Get some of that really sticky, like 1990's ant poison and put it next to the 360. Alternately, find out where they're coming from and plug-up or destroy their entrance.

I actually had ants in my laptop over the summer. I just did the poison thing and, outside of a few random stragglers living ant-sized tales of genocide survival, it worked in about a week.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#39ShaunageAUPosted 1/14/2013 5:11:43 PM
Maybe put a pool of honey near it with some ant-killer mixed in.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#40Optimus_ConvoyPosted 1/14/2013 5:27:40 PM
"It's a new game, called Ant Madness, only this time the game is real" -Master Shake
---
Sifl and Olly are back? Super Cres! Now let's all party at dood's house.