This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ants in my 360 , PLEASE HELP??

#41CammyApplePosted 1/14/2013 6:40:14 PM
Optimus_Convoy posted...
"It's a new game, called Ant Madness, only this time the game is real" -Master Shake

There we go.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#42bradley_michaelPosted 1/14/2013 6:44:12 PM
put it in the freezer?
#43JohnwaltPosted 1/14/2013 6:51:36 PM
Stick one of those plastic ant killer thingymajigs inside o:
---
May the odds be ever in your favor!
#44SickleCeLOLPosted 1/14/2013 6:58:03 PM
I don't know why I'm so interested to see a bunch of bugs inside of an Xbox, but I am.
#45GreatTroySenseiPosted 1/14/2013 7:00:02 PM
Nowadays, you can buy ant-bait disks that smell like food, but contain poison. Basically one ant goes to get it, and then they share the food, spreading it like smallpox blankets. Those things are really effective.

Put one atop the system, then wrap the whole shebang in a plastic bag such that they can't trail elsewhere to look for more food and dilute it, then wait overnight.

While you're waiting? Clean your damn apartment. If you've got an xbox full of ants, I guarantee that your toaster - and possibly your fridge - is filled with roaches.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#46SoincMetalPosted 1/14/2013 7:07:44 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Nowadays, you can buy ant-bait disks that smell like food, but contain poison. Basically one ant goes to get it, and then they share the food, spreading it like smallpox blankets. Those things are really effective.

Put one atop the system, then wrap the whole shebang in a plastic bag such that they can't trail elsewhere to look for more food and dilute it, then wait overnight.

While you're waiting? Clean your damn apartment. If you've got an xbox full of ants, I guarantee that your toaster - and possibly your fridge - is filled with roaches.

No ants are different, no matter how good you clean they'll be back. They can fit in pretty much anything. If they want to get in then they will. I used to haveants in my old apartment, got annoying. You spray they're gone fora couple days. They're back........repeat the process over and over.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#47gadragodPosted 1/14/2013 7:08:43 PM
I'd really recommend NOT opening the system. Microsoft wont bother to help you in the future, for anything interior related (RRoD), if you do. If it were to happen to me, I'd take it outside and use my electric air generator (condensed air if you don't have one) and blast them out. Something else you might want to consider, try putting it in a bag with a small towel on top of it, set off a bug bomb, place the bug bomb on the towel, seal the bag, and leave it for a few hours or a day. The towel will keep the system from getting wet and the insecticide should be able to have some of them crawl out and have the rest die. Then all you'd need is to blast out their remains. Thinking about it, as I'm a qualified entomologist (not), you might be able to just seal them in a plastic back for a while, if you don't want to deal with the poison. I mean, they breathe right? I think...
#48DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 7:31:50 PM
Maybe you're not from the northern hemisphere, but I'm pretty sure there are no ants in the dead of winter at this time.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#49gamerboy100Posted 1/14/2013 7:57:09 PM
Scroe posted...
Bake a cake and put it next to the 360, then when the ants come out to eat the cake throw it out the window.

Oh my God, I just couldn't stop laughing when I read this! XD
#50gamerboy100Posted 1/14/2013 7:58:37 PM
How about sending it in to Microsoft and telling them your Xbox has some "bugs" in it? lol