This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Problem with Buying All Consoles

#61Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 12:00:33 AM
Trugamer posted...
Obviously most people can only afford to support one console at launch but once the prices drop it's not a big deal to afford another one.
I got the 360 at launch and a PS3 when the price dropped to $250 and now I find i'm liking the PS3 exclusive games more

Also to the OP , how do you know you got the best console by far without ever owing another console or it's games to compare it?

Easy because I have played other consoles through friends who had them and I know the best games on each console. Furthermore, I know the strengths and weaknesses of each console.
#62BrutalBrockenPosted 1/16/2013 12:45:50 AM
This is getting silly.
Just because someone wants to own all the consoles so they can play what they want without being limited to what system its on, doesn't mean its wasting money. I actually prefer to play alot of single player games on my PS3 and most multiplayer games on my Xbox360. At least for right now.
Just because I dont buy every game released for every console doesnt mean the systems are collecting dust, my gamerscore is almost twice as much as most of the people on my friends list on the Xbox 360, I have over 150 games for it not including the 215 arcade games.
I picked up a PS3 on Oct.1 and already have 62 games for it. Many great games Many fantastic games for $15 and under because I got it near the end of this console generation. Also I'm getting free games every week through PS+. As far as the Wii goes I haven't had alot of reasons to pick it up more than 3 or 4 times in the last year. Hopefully the WII U fixes the crap thats constantly getting released there.
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#63mdotwillie09Posted 1/16/2013 12:49:26 AM
You are right ..I am guilty as I have all 3 but all I really play is 360. Wii just sits there and I promise myself ill beat donkey kong,mario galaxy 2 and nsmb one day. And I go through phases with my ps3. Truth is as a teen I had all 3 between my parents and working but now at 27 when I really can afford anything I don't have time, kind of a cruel joke. I've let that reality sink in and have become more frugal. I bought a vita only to realize I don't have time for handhelds so sold it and got a wii u and resold after a month realizing I don't even play wii,also realizing wasn't worth it since not better than current gen. I was going crazy with my backlog but now I've scaled down and rly will just buy systems and games I know I can commit to playing. My rotation has gotten really casual as I swap between wwe,madden,nba,black ops 2,and halo 4 but that's what time dictates. I just got Dmc so hopefully that's good.
---
Xbox Live & PSN GT: Mdotwillie09
#64ChipChippersonPosted 1/16/2013 1:22:10 AM
I used to buy them all but at this point I just think it's wasteful. I'd rather have a big library for one console than dribs&drabs for multiple.

At the same time I make the best of what I have, I don't sit and bemoan what games said console does or doesn't get. Some people are able to think that the grass on their side is green enough and are perfectly content, which is why I don't laugh at those who only owned a Wii this gen for example.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#65IChangedMyNamePosted 1/16/2013 3:13:27 AM
I eventually buy them all. I wait to see there worth to me.

In any case, usually 2 or more years later they have a better model and cheap than the first model so I can easily invest then.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#66GeistPosted 1/16/2013 5:06:56 AM
Darkshowers posted...

Nah, a lot of people agree or totally understand what I am saying. Looks like you are too dumb. What I am saying is not a hard concept. If you focused on one console rather than three, you would get more out of that one console instead of having to split your time among three thereby you would get max value of it.

If you have 3 consoles and 2 handhelds, you are probably going to miss out on a lot of good games unless you game for half the day every day simply because there are too many games. This is why a lot of gamers have a huge backlog they never get to.

No, if you focus on just one you miss out on games. I'd take Uncharted and NSMB over Spongebob or Sesame street any day, cause that's what you are claiming. There are not enough exclusives in the world to merit your claims of missing out. Options allow for you not to have to settle for **** games because you ran out of good ones on your one system you own.

But you go on with your bad self, enjoy your bottom of the barrel games if it makes you happy. But please, don't act so dumb about it. Just admit your either a fanboy who refuses to move up in life or just a broke ass kid looking for an excuse to make yourself feel better.
---
Currently playing : Retro City Rampage
#67SiegePosted 1/19/2013 5:35:50 AM
Darkshowers posted...
Siege posted...
I have more than a full time job, am married, and have 4 children and own all 3 consoles and play pretty regularly. What was the TC's excuse again?

Great, so can you say with certainty that you have played every single great game for all 3 consoles and that you haven't missed out on anything?? It's more than likely that you had to split your time among all 3 consoles or perhaps you hardily played one console compared to the others. If this comes close to the truth, you've wasted your money. Good job.

I primarily play my 360 but I've played all major PS3 releases. I've had Gamefly for 6 years and have played hundreds of titles. I play on average of 2-5 hours a night when all my kids are asleep so yeah, plenty of time.
---
Annoying the moderators since December 2000.
#68schmittycent2Posted 1/19/2013 7:34:06 AM
I have never bought more than one system per gen I never got the point I know what I want so I stick with it no need to bounce around between 3. I also don't have time enough to game on 3 so 1 is good for me, having a family makes it hard to game as often as I once did.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#69Darkshowers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:53:42 AM
Siege posted...
Darkshowers posted...
Siege posted...
I have more than a full time job, am married, and have 4 children and own all 3 consoles and play pretty regularly. What was the TC's excuse again?

Great, so can you say with certainty that you have played every single great game for all 3 consoles and that you haven't missed out on anything?? It's more than likely that you had to split your time among all 3 consoles or perhaps you hardily played one console compared to the others. If this comes close to the truth, you've wasted your money. Good job.

I primarily play my 360 but I've played all major PS3 releases. I've had Gamefly for 6 years and have played hundreds of titles. I play on average of 2-5 hours a night when all my kids are asleep so yeah, plenty of time.

Good for you. As you can see from replies in this topic, not everyone has the time that you do to play 2-5 hours a night and they only stuck to one console or wish they did so my point still holds.
#70AWarAmp84Posted 1/23/2013 8:19:48 AM
I just prefer my XBOX 360. IMO Nintendo is meant for kids and the online capabilities aren't there. PS3 lacks some of my favourite exclusives and I don't like the controller. XBOX for life.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.