This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And it begins. (DmC related)

#11DyingPancakePosted 1/15/2013 11:30:33 AM
Walkman_005 posted...
Call of Duty also gets the same scores on metacritic.

People are so hateful.

Which is one of the reasons I laugh every year when the new game breaks its own record.

Looks like this is going to be the staple for the new DmC games to come and thats awesome.

The more butt-hurt fanboys the better.
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#12majinbuu58Posted 1/15/2013 11:56:03 AM(edited)
I haven't picked up my copy yet, but the demo and gameplay vids I've seen were all pretty awesome. The platforming seems like it would get stale though

People are just mad that Dante got a makeover. He looks a little less lame than he used to.

Edit: Didn't mean to post it without finishing my thought..
#13Arucard05Posted 1/15/2013 11:56:40 AM
I would say this makes me sad to be a gamer, but I'm always sad anyway.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#14GGearXPosted 1/15/2013 11:59:55 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I would say this makes me sad to be a gamer, but I'm always sad anyway.

Aww that's cute. Makes me wish I was there to hug you <3
Don't worry girl. Next gen is coming soon!
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#15JenniferTatePosted 1/15/2013 12:45:18 PM
I was going to wait, but I want to pick this game up now just to see how infuriated people get. I wonder how many people on my friends list will defriend me over my bold choice.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#16seb03Posted 1/15/2013 1:10:54 PM
All the hating has convinced me to buy the game. I wasn't really too bothered, but now that DmC is the hot topic everywhere it really makes me want to check it out.
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#17JenniferTatePosted 1/15/2013 1:15:45 PM
seb03 posted...
All the hating has convinced me to buy the game. I wasn't really too bothered, but now that DmC is the hot topic everywhere it really makes me want to check it out.

It's a fun action game with some slightly janky platforming that feels like Spider-Man.

I think the combat is fun, especially with the two different types of pulls thrown in, and the on the fly weapon swapping. I like the art team's execution of Limbo and the character designs. The story and writing is a bit juvenile, and the social commentary reads like a high schooler who just discovered 1984 and Brave New World and decided to take his own stab, but hell, I can never get enough dystopian commentary, no matter how it's executed.

I'm pretty sure you can beat up Bill O'Reilly, even.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#18SoF-RamboPosted 1/15/2013 1:32:58 PM
Ah.. The fire rises.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 1/15/2013 1:37:50 PM
Metacritic... lol. Retaliation troll reviews... lulz. TC... complete joke. Not a surprise, bitter old school fans gettin salty over a refresh but refusing to eat their well deserved crow is old as the internet.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#20Marvel ManPosted 1/15/2013 1:43:13 PM
Devil May Cry is to action games what Halo is to fps- Dumbed down, stupid, and shallow.

The only difference is Halo at least had great multiplayer.
And better design that doesn't produce artificial difficulty by having enemies hit you when offscreen.
Or mandatory farming to level up.
Or a camera system in league with Mundus.

DMC is worthless.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."