This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And it begins. (DmC related)

#31ChuckyPosted 1/15/2013 2:24:52 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Is it THAT bad?

It's not bad at all. This is the standard "Sonic's eyes aren't green!" Mickey Mouse bullsquash.

Agreed. Honestly it's fine if people don't like the game but going out of their way to mark it low on meta critic is just pathetic. They should just use that time to have a tug or something, at least that way they get something out of it and end up happier.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#32-NinjaWarrier-Posted 1/15/2013 2:27:52 PM
Got nothing against the game, but I won't buy it until its on sale/ebay for cheap.
Saves money and **** capcom
---
I tried to change my password to "my dick".
GameFAQs said it was too long.
#33tigers5123Posted 1/15/2013 2:28:33 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Is it THAT bad?

It's not bad at all. This is the standard "Sonic's eyes aren't green!" Mickey Mouse bullsquash.

Ok cool. I plan on picking up the whole series again in a month or so.

The uproar gave me pause.
---
"Karate? The Dane Cook of martial arts? No, ISIS agents use Krav Maga."
#34glyde69Posted 1/15/2013 2:30:47 PM
Gamers are a disgrace. I've never seen the boards so bad as they have been lately.

Pretty sad actually. And things like the comments on IGN articles are the worst of all. This subculture of zingy one liners wouldn't be so bad if people weren't so Goddamn UNFUNNY. A generation of nerds experiencing life through their computer screens and television sets know it all...
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#35JenniferTatePosted 1/15/2013 2:59:42 PM
glyde69 posted...
Gamers are a disgrace. I've never seen the boards so bad as they have been lately.

Pretty sad actually. And things like the comments on IGN articles are the worst of all. This subculture of zingy one liners wouldn't be so bad if people weren't so Goddamn UNFUNNY. A generation of nerds experiencing life through their computer screens and television sets know it all...

Horrifying. Yet I know people like that.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#36Dragon NexusPosted 1/15/2013 4:05:28 PM
Whenever I hear "it's a great game but a terrible [insert franchise here] game, I know the TC shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

A game should be rated in it's own merit. Always. Otherwise, it's a bias score and doesn't actually represent the quality of the game. It represents the inability to handle change.

I do *kinda* get the argument.
I say something similar for Bioshock 2. It's not a bad game by any stretch. It's not glitchy, the gunplay doesn't suck, the grapics aren't awful and the game isn't flat out broken. But as an entire package it feels unnecessary. It's a sequel that didn't need to exist. If all you want is more of the same, Bioshock 2 will give that to you. But if you want more from a game, it'll let you down.

So it deserves the 8s and 9s from a technical standpoint, but just not when taken in context of the franchise.

DmC might just be a similar issue. By making the story and the characters so different, regardless of how fun the gameplay might be, it alienates those that were on board for a certain reason. I'd rather not use a wild analogy of saying it's like if they made CoD an RTS from now on. Hey it's a great RTS game, why are you fans complaining? But it is kinda like that. They've changed a lot of the theme, the style, the writing...it's still stylish and crazy and over the top, but in a different way.

It's not what people wanted from a DMC. nd of course everyone's going to trot out the "Change something, people hate. Keep it all the same, people hate. Can't win!" line, but it misses the point that you can change things while keeping them similar. Look how similar DMC1 and 3 are...and also how very different they are. Some would argue DmC goes too far in too different a direction.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#37deimos91Posted 1/15/2013 4:47:59 PM
umm no because awesome great games have low user scores because of people who are not intelligent trolls or just spiteful
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#38deimos91Posted 1/15/2013 4:49:02 PM
ambar_hitman posted...
GGearX posted...
Isn't all of metacritics scores like this? This is normal.

Nope. Usually games that are reviewed fairly have similar meta and user scores. If game is bad, and reviewers rate them high, people take matter in their own hands.

This game is good, but a terrible DMC game. It needs to be panned down so that the next one actually gets back to series' roots and we get a good game. Else it will go downhill pretty rapidly.

not true DNF and RE6 both fantastic games had reviews bombarded by nothing but trolls and this is following suit
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#39Dragon NexusPosted 1/15/2013 5:35:26 PM
not true DNF and RE6 both fantastic games

You lost your credibility.

I feel compelled to make the "Just because you like a bad game, that doesn't make it good" argument.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#40DoukouPosted 1/15/2013 5:47:21 PM
deimos91 posted...
ambar_hitman posted...
GGearX posted...
Isn't all of metacritics scores like this? This is normal.

Nope. Usually games that are reviewed fairly have similar meta and user scores. If game is bad, and reviewers rate them high, people take matter in their own hands.

This game is good, but a terrible DMC game. It needs to be panned down so that the next one actually gets back to series' roots and we get a good game. Else it will go downhill pretty rapidly.

not true DNF and RE6 both fantastic games had reviews bombarded by nothing but trolls and this is following suit

Disagree
---
Don't read this sig.