This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And it begins. (DmC related)

#41ambar_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:18:35 PM
I am playing this game now and it is pretty fun. Definitely one better Hack and Slash games this gen. NT has actually improved the level structure as there is on back tracking and levels seem fresh. The secrets are nicely hidden and weapon specific unlocks means there is tons of replayability.

But it is a bad DMC game, here is why:

1. The combat is dumbed down. Game is way too easy on Normal mode (Devil Hunter)

2. Combo system and weapon variety being a good thing is a JOKE. There are weapon specific enemies and when you are in middle of a combo with a weapon not effective for that enemy, the combo breaks.

3. No Lock On. This means you cannot target particular enemy first and are at mercy of the game. Add weapon specific enemies and it kills all the fun that DMC combat had.

4. Some weapons are unbalanced. A shuriken like weapon you unlock later can do a SSS Combo just by Pressing RT+B and RT+Y few times. It is so easy that it's ridiculous.

5. Few Boss battles are completely dependent on platforming. Combat doesn't mean crap in those battles.

6. The checkpoint system actually makes the Gold Orbs a f****** joke. Clearly shows they didn't think about it properly.

7. Platforming could have been more interesting. It is way too easy.

8. Writing is horrible. Dialogues are really bad and story is generic. The one liners are totally hopeless and seem forced. Still, these could have been digested if not for all negatives about gameplay above.
---
AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1666 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371
#42WinternovaPosted 1/16/2013 12:22:19 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Whenever I hear "it's a great game but a terrible [insert franchise here] game, I know the TC shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

A game should be rated in it's own merit. Always. Otherwise, it's a bias score and doesn't actually represent the quality of the game. It represents the inability to handle change.

BIASED. Bias is a noun. Biased is the adjective.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#43ambar_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 3:59:40 AM
This news is on Gamespot now:

DmC gets blasted in Metacritic user ratings

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dmc-gets-blasted-in-metacritic-user-ratings-6402467
---
AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1666 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371
#44Halo_ForeverPosted 1/16/2013 4:16:16 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...

I don't know how Halo's level up worked, but I am fairly certain you had to play an AWFUL lot to level up in it's great MP.

Prior to the Colossal Screw Up (colloquially Halo 4), there was NO rank up in Halo that would give you any sort of advantage whatsoever. Reach has cosmetic upgrades that you could acquire, Halo 3 and Halo 2 had a rank in ranked MP which would go up if you played good and down if you played bad.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#45sonicteam2k1Posted 1/16/2013 4:17:19 AM
seb03 posted...
All the hating has convinced me to buy the game. I wasn't really too bothered, but now that DmC is the hot topic everywhere it really makes me want to check it out.

this is why the game is going to sell very well. People are talking about it. Capcom knew exactly what they were doing. The more buzz the better, no matter if it's bad talk or good talk, people are talking about it. The game based on the demo has pretty decent combat and people can try it out, that's all Capcom needs.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#46anonymous4everPosted 1/16/2013 5:27:31 AM
ambar_hitman posted...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7848/dmcfail.jpg

User Score= 2.7

When reviewers fail, gamers take the matter in their own hands. Real Gamers FTW.

Do people really care about this? Honestly either you enjoy the game or you don't. I have never let reviews sway my decision one way or the other.
#47anonymous4everPosted 1/16/2013 5:29:56 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Metacritic... lol. Retaliation troll reviews... lulz. TC... complete joke. Not a surprise, bitter old school fans gettin salty over a refresh but refusing to eat their well deserved crow is old as the internet.

and this.
#48anonymous4everPosted 1/16/2013 5:31:03 AM
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Whenever I hear "it's a great game but a terrible [insert franchise here] game, I know the TC shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

A game should be rated in it's own merit. Always. Otherwise, it's a bias score and doesn't actually represent the quality of the game. It represents the inability to handle change.

Ok professor...seriously are there still grammar nazis patrolling message boards nowadays???
#49DyingPancakePosted 1/16/2013 5:47:31 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Ok professor...seriously are there still grammar nazis patrolling message boards nowadays???

That's bascially the only reason Winternova is here.

That and to tell us about some law no one asked about.

Most people just ignore him at this point
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#50SunDevil77Posted 1/16/2013 5:59:42 AM
DyingPancake posted...
anonymous4ever posted...
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

That's bascially the only reason Winternova is here.

That and to tell us about some law no one asked about.

Most people just ignore him at this point

I don't mind Winter correcting me at all.
He also puts some of the most persistent trolls in their place with actual evidence. I've actually learned a ton about law from his posts.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact