This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And it begins. (DmC related)

#51DyingPancakePosted 1/16/2013 7:02:47 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
DyingPancake posted...
anonymous4ever posted...
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Whenever I hear "it's a great game but a terrible [insert franchise here] game, I know the TC shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

A game should be rated in it's own merit. Always. Otherwise, it's a bias score and doesn't actually represent the quality of the game. It represents the inability to handle change.

BIASED. Bias is a noun. Biased is the adjective.

Ok professor...seriously are there still grammar nazis patrolling message boards nowadays???

That's bascially the only reason Winternova is here.

That and to tell us about some law no one asked about.

Most people just ignore him at this point

I don't mind Winter correcting me at all.
He also puts some of the most persistent trolls in their place with actual evidence. I've actually learned a ton about law from his posts.

You misguided fool!

WHAT HAS HE DONE TO YOU!
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#52Halochief6Posted 1/16/2013 8:16:18 AM
ambar_hitman posted...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7848/dmcfail.jpg

User Score= 2.7

When reviewers fail, gamers take the matter in their own hands. Real Gamers FTW.

Real gamers? Looooool
You mean the trolls? You mean the toolbags who cry when they don't get what they want? The "real gamers" that you're referring to, quite frankly, suck.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#53zerooo0Posted 1/16/2013 8:21:12 AM
I got my copy of DMC, and it's a solid 8, or 8.5. Runs well on the Xbox, and the story is cool. The VA is excellent.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#54Arucard05Posted 1/16/2013 8:29:16 AM
I don't mind Winter correcting me at all.
He also puts some of the most persistent trolls in their place with actual evidence. I've actually learned a ton about law from his posts.

This is now a Winternova Appreciation Topic.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#55Dragon NexusPosted 1/16/2013 3:47:22 PM
Prior to the Colossal Screw Up (colloquially Halo 4), there was NO rank up in Halo that would give you any sort of advantage whatsoever.

Halo 4 doesn't give you an advantage by ranking up either. Not really. Little situational perks, maybe...but nothing massive.
You choose the order in which you unlock weapons, so you can get the best starting load out that you really want very quickly. I had Spartan points going to waste by level 15 because I had everything I wanted. I'm not exactly a great player, I consider it a good game if my K:D breaks even and reaching level 15 didn't take me long at all.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#56FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/16/2013 4:34:43 PM
bluehat94 posted...
"real" gamers huh? I think you mean spoiled entitled children.

well said.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#57_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 1/17/2013 11:13:35 AM
I dont know how it is for games, but when it comes to movies, if you want to know how likely it is you will actually enjoy it, you are better off looking at the user scores (which are similar to imdb scores) than you are looking at review scores. It goes both ways too. When user scores are high for something that has a dreadful review score, than either it is actually good, or it has some other redeeming feature that reviewers missed completely.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | 8GB RAM | 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Corsair K90 & M90 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518
#58deathrow93Posted 1/17/2013 11:24:12 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Whenever I hear "it's a great game but a terrible [insert franchise here] game, I know the TC shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

A game should be rated in it's own merit. Always. Otherwise, it's a bias score and doesn't actually represent the quality of the game. It represents the inability to handle change.

This.

I'm all for the same old Dante but the change isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The new DmC has to be treated as if it is the first game in a new DmC series/setting/dimension/timeline.
#59DredjPosted 1/17/2013 12:36:19 PM
Ouch, and this is from Metacritic as well, a site that refuses to "flush" scores as a measure to stop game companies QQ'ing and getting the score changed.

A case last year was with Natural Selection 2, a "professional" critic who had no idea about the game and made a review anyway dragged down the games average quite heavily. It was reported on several gaming news sites AND the guy confessed, and still Metacritic won't remove his false review.
#60secondhand1Posted 1/17/2013 1:13:29 PM
deathrow93 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

This.

I'm all for the same old Dante but the change isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The new DmC has to be treated as if it is the first game in a new DmC series/setting/dimension/timeline.

Almost like a...reboot. Fancy that.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.