This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jim speaks of lonley gaming

#1Dragon NexusPosted 1/15/2013 3:57:01 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6718-Only-The-Lonely

A Jimquisition all about my gaming preferences! Whoda thunk.

And yeah, it's Jim Sterling. I hate the guy's reviews too. I hate his sense of humour, so please feel free to skip the opening and closing statements to this video and don't feel weird for not finding him funny. He isn't. But the meat of the video sums up my issues with co-op and multiplayer in games that tend not to require it. Especially Chunga.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#2mark_98Posted 1/15/2013 4:05:04 PM
havent played videogames for a while, but i have i think around 50k gamerscore, just about all of which come from single player. when it comes to videogames for me, i need to be able to play at least an hour uninterrupted to actually enjoy it and get immersed. i much prefer single player and actually hate all the multiplayer attention games have, but thats just my own selfish view. in fact the only game ive ever actually really put time into online was CODMW and WaW. i felt like all others were very gimmicky and got boring quick, granted i didnt give most a real try. other than that i play sports games exclusively with with friends on a couch, it just doesnt feel the same online.

with that being said i dont at all feel that im lonely when i play, but as an only child I really value and enjoy my alone time
---
it has been porevn taht as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres are crorcet, yuor barin has the pwoer to rcegnoize the wrods. Eagles, Raptors, Leafs
#3Dragon Nexus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:14:15 PM
with that being said i dont at all feel that im lonely when i play

It's not abut being lonely, it's about being alone.
You know, cutting yourself off from the world because you want some "me" time.

I dabble in multiplayer now and then, but as said in the video my concern whenever I go co-op is that I'm not playing fast enough for the other guy. I love video game environments and I trot along looking at the scenery, looking at the skybox, looking off into the distance because I love seeing how developers give a sense of scale in their games. I enjoy chatting with NPCs to learn stuff about the world or whatever. I feel like doing any of that is just holding the other guys up who want to just run ahead and KILL something already!

As much as the "Run on and kill stuff" attitude in co-op bugs me, I'm sure the "Dawdle around and sniff the flowers" attitude I exude bugs the crap out of them. So neither of us get what we want and we'd both be better off playing by ourselves. Even if I'm playing with friends I feel like I've got to work to their time schedule and should just hurry up. That and the chatter pulls me out of the game completely. I cannot get immersed with party chat or Skype going on.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#4FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/15/2013 4:36:21 PM
tag.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#5Gwildor123Posted 1/15/2013 7:16:14 PM
Dum-dum-dum-dumdy-doo-wah
Ooh-yay-yay-yay-yeah
Oh-oh-oh-oh-wah
Only the lonely
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6885/1238185594.jpg