This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the last game you were legitimately excited for?

#101beautifuldreamsPosted 1/16/2013 1:28:58 AM
insanely twisted shadow planet, I was checking up on ut regularly for a year. then I played the trial and decided not to purchase.
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#102DCarnagePosted 1/16/2013 2:04:40 AM
Borderlands 2. Loved the hell out of Borderlands 1, got all achievements lots of epic gear, could solo crawmerax. BL2 got to lvl 33 or so got bored and moved on to other games. I was super excited for it to be released but seemed to be missing the fun factor that BL1 had for me.
#103SxmfctPosted 1/16/2013 2:12:07 AM
San Andreas
---
"PC's are stupid. There's basically nothing PC can do that an Xbox can't." - GorillaOnRoof
#104DarkSaisterPosted 1/16/2013 2:39:10 AM
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
---
no lolligaggin
#105warhead333Posted 1/16/2013 2:42:38 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
As I get older I find that i don't get that old fashioned super happy nervous jumpy yippy! feeling that I used to get when a great game was around the corner. I've got bioshock preordered and I just ordered far cry 3, two of better games to come around, and I feel nothing. I'll get the games, play em, and sure, ill have fun with them, but it just isnt the same. I think the last game I was super hyped for was oblivion. Sucksbeingold.jpg

I definitely feel you on this sentiment. Currently, I'm super-ultra-mega stoked for BioShock Infinite (Songbird edition pre-ordered, YAY!!!), but I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I felt that way.

Probably sometime during the PS2 era, I dunno.
#106lokinineteenPosted 1/16/2013 5:10:25 AM
Mine was Blops 2. I had a great year with Blops, MW3 I didnt bother with as I didnt like MW2. I pre ordered Blops 2 & even went to the midnight release (popped my cherry on both accounts) & yeah, awful game so Im trading it in tomorrow for Farcry 3 which Im pretty excited for. I just hope it delivers on the gameplay.

I feel that age plays a role in my excitedness for games now. Going back over a decade Id get a new game every week & smash them, play anything just for something new. Now a days I still play many different genres but my purchases are a lot fewer and far between and day one purchases are left for truly great games but after Skyrim & Blops 2 that list is getting smaller.
#107SoF-RamboPosted 1/16/2013 6:03:16 AM
Mass Effect 3, and Battlefield 3. Neither of which disappointed me.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#108xxFOXFIRExxPosted 1/16/2013 10:19:18 AM
Last game was uncharted 3, was not disappointed.

Game I was most hyped for ever was Metal Gear Solid 4, even bought a ps3 back then mainly for it. Now it's my main console, although I mainly play PC, there's just so many great exclusives.
#109Solid SonicPosted 1/16/2013 10:28:49 AM
NFS: Most Wanted, I suppose.
---
Linux will never be a gaming platform.
#110garanPosted 1/16/2013 4:32:17 PM
pfh1001 posted...
iammaxhailme posted...
Mass Effect 3. And we all saw how that turned out...

That for me too. First time I ever pre-ordered a collector's edition months in advance-- oops.

Same here. I loathed the first several hours of the game, heard how awful the ending was and just put it away because I couldn't force myself to play a game I detested that much. Forced myself to finish it once the EC came out and have been mourning the company that once gave me games I loved like Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1, Kotor, & Baldur's Gate ever since.