This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using headphones makes the game more enjoyable?

#1hellbringherPosted 1/15/2013 6:56:22 PM
Yea? Why?
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#2silentchaos79Posted 1/15/2013 7:06:37 PM
I have small children so when I put on my headphones I can crank it up loud and hear more sounds with no background noise
---
"How you gonna punish a kid that ain't afraid to live in a box?" - Bernie Mac
#3PwnostarPosted 1/15/2013 7:10:32 PM
Pretty much just immersion. Being able to listen to things as loudly as you want without others hearing it is always nice too.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#4BuckVanHammerPosted 1/15/2013 7:13:20 PM
bought a surround sound headset a few years ago to keep from bothering my girlfriend while she slept; we worked different hours. I have to say I have a hard time playing games without them anymore. Having a kickass sound system either in your room or on your ears can really make a big difference. I went back and even replayed many games just to hear them.
---
hat'er n. a person that calls you out on your douchebaggery
#5Pacman2dxPosted 1/15/2013 7:24:12 PM
I have Astros and I just finished playing the Dead Space 3 demo, it made the demo a lot more scary than it should have been for me. You have your standard affair of enemies popping out behind some scarcely placed ammo boxes .. plus the sound engineering is top notch .. you notice a lot of things you wouldn't notice listening through small TV speakers.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD
Once more into the fray, into the last great fight I'll ever know. Live and die this day, live and die this day.
#6TheBlueStigPosted 1/15/2013 9:39:05 PM
With a good set of headphones you'll hear stuff you won't hear through the TV speakers.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7CapwnDPosted 1/15/2013 10:22:04 PM
I love my setup.

PC360
Mixamp Pro
DSS2

Two amps, one for chat and one for the game music. You can't touch this sound setup with anything else. Very clean, very loud (or quiet).
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8knightimexPosted 1/16/2013 6:55:48 AM
Headphones deliver closer sound and makes it more personal.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#9pothocketPosted 1/16/2013 6:59:07 AM
I lik being able to tell what direction sounds are coming from. Helps with immersion and with tactics.

Wearing headphones is like a bonus to both theme and gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson