This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting A Girl into video games?

#1Tyler1991Posted 1/15/2013 9:07:17 PM
well i have a friend thats a girl and we get along great she is from my college and she does play video games with me when she comes over im no hardcore game but i do love call of duty black ops 2 zombies so i said we are going to play this and she kinda got a bad look on her face idk girls dont seem to like call of duty i dont know why but she didnt know the controls i showed her but she wasnt very good anyway i want to get her into fps games so we can play together how do i do this?
#2JkickitPosted 1/15/2013 9:09:13 PM
If she's not into it, don't force her.
---
Oh no meng! http://tinyurl.com/bcnp2xk FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% - --- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Skyrim, PKMN White 2, and PKMN Crystal.
#3jakisthePosted 1/15/2013 9:14:42 PM
You're either going to need some kind of digital modeling/scanning program, a very large game box, or a very sharp knife.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#4EternityUnknownPosted 1/15/2013 9:17:18 PM
Maybe she'd be more into Minecraft? At the very least that'd be a good way for her to get acclimated to the controls, and doesn't revolve around killing all the time. Also Skyrim (I know a few girls that are really into it).

I know neither of these are FPSs, but if you can get her into the mindset, you might be able to convince her to try other games that share a similar camera angle.
---
Talking about skull****ing someone's mom because he happens to prefer the PS3 over the 360 does not paint us in the best light as a group.
#5Vivi0198Posted 1/15/2013 9:18:08 PM
Topic needs pics of said girl.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 1/15/2013 9:18:51 PM
Portal 2. Portal 2 is the gateway game.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7KID VIDPosted 1/15/2013 9:39:37 PM
Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the topic creator went to college but doesn't know how use a period?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 1/15/2013 9:44:07 PM
KID VID posted...
Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the topic creator went to college but doesn't know how use a period?

As an editor by trade, if I didn't learn to ignore grammar and punctuation here I'd probably snap.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9KID VIDPosted 1/15/2013 9:49:33 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
KID VID posted...

As an editor by trade, if I didn't learn to ignore grammar and punctuation here I'd probably snap.

Yeah, but come on! Show us that you learned SOMETHING in school.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#10oasisbeyondPosted 1/15/2013 9:52:01 PM
You have a better chance of getting a video game inside a girl... Ok, that didn't sound right.