This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama just mentioned violent video games

#1builder111Posted 1/16/2013 10:07:31 AM
In a speech about gun violence that's Live right now. Are they going to take away our Hammerbursts?
---
caps
#2shawnmckPosted 1/16/2013 10:13:16 AM
probably not...but you won't be able to use any clips that carry more than 5 bullets.
#3FFTHEWINNERPosted 1/16/2013 10:17:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4builder111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:17:39 AM
shawnmck posted...
probably not...but you won't be able to use any clips that carry more than 5 bullets.

How am I gonna stop a Locust invasion like that?! Next you'll tell me we can't own Boomers.
---
caps
#5pothocketPosted 1/16/2013 10:18:46 AM
TC, can you paraphrase what he said?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6TheBlueStigPosted 1/16/2013 10:23:16 AM
He's such a f***ing hypocrite....

The 900 gun deaths number he mentioned was 65% suicides, the remainder was mostly criminal versus criminal, no loss there.

He claimed that nobody was attacking freedom, but he failed to mention the FACTS of proposals coming from his own party AND HIMSELF that have attacked the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 14th amendments steadily since he/they took office.

And he only signed 3 executive orders today but mentioned signing 23 of them. I want to know the EXACT wording of all of them, and IMHO he should not be allowed to sign anything into law all by himself that violates the Constitution.

The s*** just hit the fan folks, how many of you are just going to sit back and do nothing?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7PatchworkPosted 1/16/2013 10:25:57 AM
You're overreacting.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 1/16/2013 10:28:44 AM
Patchwork posted...
You're overreacting.

Look into what Bloomberg and Feinstein have already done, and are proposing for the future, and the hypocrisy of them owning and CARRYING guns on a daily basis, and tell me I'm over-reacting.

Anti-gun politicians that are armed themselves and have armed bodyguards refuse to allow people to defend themselves.

Hypocrisy Much ? ? ?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 1/16/2013 10:28:47 AM
Blue, the reason a President is allowed to sign an Executive Order is because it is the easiest to undo. He can go back later and revoke it, or the Supreme Court or Congress can stop its implementation without all the rigamarole needed for overturning a law.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#10TheBlueStigPosted 1/16/2013 10:31:17 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
Blue, the reason a President is allowed to sign an Executive Order is because it is the easiest to undo. He can go back later and revoke it, or the Supreme Court or Congress can stop its implementation without all the rigamarole needed for overturning a law.

Last time I looked into it (a week ago) an Executive Order can only be changed or revoked by another executive order.

And there's no way in hell Obama will ever go back on himself.
---
Ben Franklin