This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama just mentioned violent video games

#21SheepinatorPosted 1/16/2013 11:05:00 AM
reverence27 posted...
The truth is out there dude.......... just keep looking mulder.

Fox News doesn't broadcast that show so he probably has no idea what you're talking about. Sorry, let me rephrase that, Fox "News".
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#22TheBlueStigPosted 1/16/2013 11:05:38 AM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
it's more irritating that any of this is being discussed because of the sake of children. adults are getting killed, it isn't as much of a problem apparently.

"Do it for the children" is the mantra of the censorship and banning crowd, has been for decades.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#23reverence27Posted 1/16/2013 11:07:59 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Patchwork posted...
You're overreacting.

Look into what Bloomberg and Feinstein have already done, and are proposing for the future, and the hypocrisy of them owning and CARRYING guns on a daily basis, and tell me I'm over-reacting.

Anti-gun politicians that are armed themselves and have armed bodyguards refuse to allow people to defend themselves.

Hypocrisy Much ? ? ?

Please explain the Hypocrisy? Did they outlaw guns, And for Anti Gun Politicians that have armed bodyguards, 1. they are high profile risks who must be protected from people like you that would take their conspiracy theories to the extreme and wish harm on them and at risk to act on this mental breakdow, and 2. Citizens are more than welcome to hire professional highly trained armed bodyguards for protection, no one is trying to take that away?
3. most of these antigun politicians are not looking to ban all firearms, they just feel that the there should be more regulation. You can't own a tank, a rocket launcher, a nuclear missle, what would you need it for other than killing.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#24reverence27Posted 1/16/2013 11:10:05 AM
Sheepinator posted...
reverence27 posted...
The truth is out there dude.......... just keep looking mulder.

Fox News doesn't broadcast that show so he probably has no idea what you're talking about. Sorry, let me rephrase that, Fox "News".

I really think in all fairness to the american public, it should be required to call the channel,
Fox Entertainment news and MSNBC entertainment news.

Actual Entertainment like Daily show and Newsweek has more actual news then these channels.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#25SheepinatorPosted 1/16/2013 11:12:21 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Almost everything is already covered in existing laws, and the money is NOT THERE for any of it.

Dude the money isn't there for ANYTHING. That isn't news. The country is essentially bankrupt and cannot function on only the revenue it brings in, so they rely on the Fed to monetize the debt (something Bernanke swore under oath wasn't and wouldn't be happening). All of the politicans, both parties, are content to kick the can until their own cushy retirement because making hard choices will cost them votes and their own jobs. Those at or near retirement currently are still getting the benefit of these decades of promises bought and never paid for, while those who follow will find the pot is empty.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#26reverence27Posted 1/16/2013 11:16:47 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
it's more irritating that any of this is being discussed because of the sake of children. adults are getting killed, it isn't as much of a problem apparently.

"Do it for the children" is the mantra of the censorship and banning crowd, has been for decades.

You say that, but then when it comes to abortion (which in the most recent argued cases) with the day after pill it only consists of destroying a single cell appendage from the uterus) the Banning and Anti Freedom crowd argues the "Do it for the children" BS. Even the bible agrees, a fetus is not a child, and people should have the freedom to choose what to do with their own body. Religion has no place in running a government, especially a diverse country like America. Thats the rightwing direct attack on the 1st amendment. And Censorship..... Don't get me started on that. The right jumps directly to the media anytime to avoid the real issue of parenting and lack of firearm regulation.
---
#27PatchworkPosted 1/16/2013 11:18:31 AM
Like I said, overreacting. It's basically amping up what's already in place and attempting to better our system. I see no problems with that, and I'm a gun owner and a member of the NRA.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#28TheBlueStigPosted 1/16/2013 11:22:20 AM
reverence27 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Patchwork posted...
You're overreacting.

Look into what Bloomberg and Feinstein have already done, and are proposing for the future, and the hypocrisy of them owning and CARRYING guns on a daily basis, and tell me I'm over-reacting.

Anti-gun politicians that are armed themselves and have armed bodyguards refuse to allow people to defend themselves.

Hypocrisy Much ? ? ?

Please explain the Hypocrisy? Did they outlaw guns, And for Anti Gun Politicians that have armed bodyguards, 1. they are high profile risks who must be protected from people like you that would take their conspiracy theories to the extreme and wish harm on them and at risk to act on this mental breakdow, and 2. Citizens are more than welcome to hire professional highly trained armed bodyguards for protection, no one is trying to take that away?
3. most of these antigun politicians are not looking to ban all firearms, they just feel that the there should be more regulation. You can't own a tank, a rocket launcher, a nuclear missle, what would you need it for other than killing.

So people should be required to hire armed bodyguards instead of defending themselves?

Where's the money for that again?

And actually you CAN legally own a working firing tank and a rocket launcher in 18 states as long as you can pass the NFA background check and obtain a Dangerous Devices permit for each round of ammo.

There's more than 16,000 firearms acquisition laws already on the books in the USA, we don't need more, we just need to enforce what we already have.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#29SparkItUpPosted 1/16/2013 11:22:54 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Yup, BlueStig nailed it in his paranoia drenched rants. As you can see from the list of executive orders signed, Obama didn't just rewrite the Constitution, he tore it up and threw it away. He's sending jackbooted thugs into your homes to collect your guns right now. Oh wait, no that's it at all. I should have actually read the list before embarrasing myself by over-reacting.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

I didn't read the entirety of your first paragraph and was like.."WTF is he talking about" as I read down the list...glad I finished reading...lol.....+1 for your post...I can't believe people are up in arms over these executive orders. They do nothing substantial to curve gun violence and are basically lip service to the left "see I did something". We all know that a assault rifle ban reinstatement (which is what really is needed) has no chance of making it through Congress. There are too many Republicans & Democrats that live in gun districts.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#30gldooriiPosted 1/16/2013 11:24:16 AM
I'm really sick of all this crap lately. Video game violence blah blah blah and how CoD are "murder simulators".. What a bunch of morons. Don't let your kids play "violent video games". Instead, let them watch violent cartoons, violent movies, play with violent toys and let them pretend to shoot each other for real with water guns and Nerf guns.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix