This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama just mentioned violent video games

#431SheepinatorPosted 1/18/2013 2:46:55 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
still not answering the question about whether gun owners on medication should give them up

Your 20% comment?
Maybe you should've looked into that claim before you made it. The real claim is that 20% of the population has had personal experience with mental health problems.

Your version of the claim made it sound like 20% of the population was on psych drugs.

Your claim was bulls***, plain and simple.

Google "1 in 5 americans mental health", it was in various news sites including ABC and Fox. You STILL don't answer the question. I'll just go ahead and assume that despite all the posturing, you're actually a hypocrite who takes such medication and supports people on such medication having guns, contrary to everything you have said in this and similar topics. That about right? Because why else wouldn't you answer such a simple question?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#432FredSavage27Posted 1/18/2013 2:49:23 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
I'll give you a few hints.....cars, smoking, bad foods, doctor's mistakes, breathing the air in polluted cities, cellphones or other distractions, the list goes on and on.

Even if it is true that cars kill more people than guns (I don't know or care), does that number take into account how many more people own cars than guns, and how often cars are used without anybody getting hurt compared to guns? When you smoke, you're mostly harming yourself, especially in states that ban smoking in public places (that is, massive government regulation and laws).
#433reverence27Posted 1/18/2013 3:32:11 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
Everyone has the right to drive a car, but you have to be trained tested periodically, (even an eye test) licensed, insured, registered, of a certain age, and prove full capable at all times to operate obey numerous clearly marked rules at all times, will be fined for any infraction against the proper handling of the vehicle, and can have this right restricted any time for many reasons.

Guns need to be just as if not more controlled and regulated.
That is all Obama is trying to get, but all you see is a black guy trying to take your guns away which has not happened and isn't going to happen.

Driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

Gun ownership is a right, not a privilege.

Learn the difference.

Education and licensing doesn't stop or slow down the deaths, cars prove that when they kill more than guns do every year. Doctor's mistakes kill 250,000 a year on average, and they spend nearly a decade in school and internships.

It's time for you to admit what you are, a gun grabber, you really do want guns banned simply because you fear them irrationally.

You have an irrational fear of an inanimate object, sounds like you need help, and you want gun owners to be examined?

If it's an unrestrictable American right, who are we to refuse it to the mentally unstable. All constitutional rights still have limits. There is a freedom of speech but you cannot yell fire in a crowded building. I am not in any way saying ban all guns, if you have listened to anything you would know that. Same with obama, no ban what so ever to the right to bare arms. That is the problem, our side wants to talk about it and find ways to help solve it, your side just wants to scream and rant and not find a solution.

You know who wanted to arm every citizen except the one group he felt were the lesser and couldn't be trusted.......... Hitler
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#434secondhand1Posted 1/18/2013 3:48:38 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
6 Million Jews lost their lives because they were forcefully disarmed by law.

Are you f***ing serious with this? Had every Jew in Germany possessed a gun, the holocaust would have been avoided? Is this what you're saying?

You're bat s*** crazy, man. This is as offensive and misguided a statement I've ever seen on Gamefaqs. Just f*** right off with this. Honestly. You are the goddamn poster child for the type of person who should never be near a firearm.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#435vigorm0rtisPosted 1/18/2013 3:54:24 PM
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Are you f***ing serious with this? Had every Jew in Germany possessed a gun, the holocaust would have been avoided? Is this what you're saying?

You're bat s*** crazy, man. This is as offensive and misguided a statement I've ever seen on Gamefaqs. Just f*** right off with this. Honestly. You are the goddamn poster child for the type of person who should never be near a firearm.

Yeah... don't even make an effort. I have to assume Stig (who, incidentally, even though I haven't participated much in this thread, has been even more awesome than usual at making up his statistics) is either rock stupid and drinks the WND kool-aid or gets off on the attention. As soon as he encounters an argument he can't BS his way out of, he shifts focus.

Just step down. Don't waste your time.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#436SwtorN00bPosted 1/18/2013 3:57:00 PM
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

So you're saying Millions of Heavily armed jews would not have lowered the death count by a significant margin?, You are either BSing or an utter fool.
#437FredSavage27Posted 1/18/2013 4:01:00 PM
The only way the Holocaust situation can possibly apply to modern society is if every single American (including children) had military-grade weapons in their possession at all times. Is that really what you want?
#438secondhand1Posted 1/18/2013 4:06:24 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
secondhand1 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

So you're saying Millions of Heavily armed jews would not have lowered the death count by a significant margin?, You are either BSing or an utter fool.

Okay, alt. You can suck it, too.

And vigor, yes, I'm well aware of his M.O., but this just blew my mind.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#439SheepinatorPosted 1/18/2013 4:18:12 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
secondhand1 posted...

You do realize the Third Reich had tanks and fighter planes? I think you've been watching Red Dawn about 100 times too many.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#440shawnmckPosted 1/18/2013 4:21:24 PM
Sheepinator posted...
SwtorN00b posted...
secondhand1 posted...

You do realize the Third Reich had tanks and fighter planes? I think you've been watching Red Dawn about 100 times too many.

^ You do realize that fighting oppression with guns is a heck of a lot better than fighting with sticks & rocks, right..?
I think you've been watching too much of the mainstream (Propaganda) News networks.