This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama just mentioned violent video games

#471TheBlueStigPosted 1/18/2013 10:27:13 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Or maybe it's just a race thing.

That again, really?

Alan Keyes, blacker than Obummer by a long shot.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#472CapwnDPosted 1/18/2013 10:32:07 PM
Bill Maher! Oh man. How is he still relevant in any way? Who the hell watches that fool?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#473FredSavage27Posted 1/18/2013 10:34:59 PM(edited)
For a while I didn't understand the 500-post limit on these boards, but if it cuts off threads like this, I'm all for it.

"Obummer"? It wasn't even funny the first time.
#474djprofessork1Posted 1/18/2013 10:45:32 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
builder111 posted...
Now they're talking about violent video games (and movies) on Bill Maher. It's back to SNES Mortal Kombat folks.

well there is some merit to it. I mean i don't have a problem with violent video games, but, when you see all these 6 year-olds playing games like CoD and Hitman, that's just wrong. their parents are morons.

and why are video games so goddamn violent, honestly they go way overboard for no reason. but then if someone shows a boob ingame everyone freaks out. i hate how violence obsessed our society is.

Then don't play it.

wow what a great response. but what else should I expect from a gun nut who thinks hes gonna overthrow the government and take out tanks and planes on his own LOL.

FredSavage27 posted...
For a while I didn't understand the 500-post limit on these boards, but if it cuts off threads like this, I'm all for it.

"Obummer"? It wasn't even funny the first time.

yeah well, thats what always happens in political threads. people who actually have insight don't post in them, because they realize it's just gonna be an avalanche of rush limbaugh morons trying to justify their asinine opinions.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#475CapwnDPosted 1/18/2013 10:51:37 PM
yeah well, thats what always happens in political threads. people who actually have insight don't post in them, because they realize it's just gonna be an avalanche of rush limbaugh morons trying to justify their asinine opinions.

Oh please. The internet is much more filled with liberal minded folks who are just as bad. But I do agree that people like bluestig aren't doing people like me any favors.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#476otisanimePosted 1/19/2013 12:22:46 AM
shawnmck posted...
Winternova posted...
shawnmck posted...
And when are you Libs going to get it that the US is NOT Switzerland...NOT Europe....NOT the UK.....NOT anywhere else.
Those Countries do NOT have a Constitution granting them Rights.

http://www.admin.ch/ch/e/rs/1/101.en.pdf

Title 2 delineates the rights Swiss citizens have. Hell, they have a lot more than we do, including this one:

Art. 12 Right to assistance when in need
Persons in need and unable to provide for themselves have the right to assistance and care, and to the financial means required for a decent standard of living.

Imagine if we tried to pass a Constitutional Amendment like this...the current GOP would be in an uproar. I think THIS sort of right is infinitely more important than gun ownership, but you'll never see widespread support for a right that helps other people, just the ones that allow weapons in the hands of individuals. Kinda sad, really.

http://www.iuscomp.org/gla/statutes/GG.htm

Germany's Constitution's first chapter is all about the rights of citizens.

Do you REALLY believe that the United States is the only country in the world that has a Constitution that grants people rights?

^ I never said that other Countries don't have documents that grant their citizens Rights, what I said is that such documents of other Countries are NOT the same as those of the United States, and people like you need to STOP acting that they are or that they need to be exactly like they are in other Countries.
You're always saying that the United States needs to be like this Country, or that Country, or that we need to adopt the same laws & regulations.
That is just idiotic thinking.

And you even support this by claiming that the GOP would "be in an uproar" if we did...so you recognize that while other Countries have their own Rights, they are still DIFFERENT than that of the US.

So your whole argument or implication that just because other Countries have gun bans that the United States needs to have gun bans too is totally illogical and foolish.
It's like saying Germany bans violent games and depictions of blood...so that the US should do the same.
Its NOT relevant, and the US should NOT copy other Countries, just because it somehow mimics what you want.

Do you realize that the constitution can, and has been changed? Do you realize that's what the founders intended?

Or do you think it should never be changed, and everything that has been changed or added to the thing should be removed?

Things change with times. If you don't want to evolve as a species, your brain is just flat out broken.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#477otisanimePosted 1/19/2013 12:27:00 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
You may disagree with him but he is the President, show some respect.

I wouldn't show him respect to his face, he's a corrupt liar who changes what he says every 2 weeks, he's been doing it since he was a senator.

Every president does that :x
Not that it makes it okay, but I'd love to see you say that about a white Conservative president. But, seemingly, most of those must of been perfect!
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#478DuwstaiPosted 1/19/2013 12:50:14 AM
Im mostly liberal, but this is just one big far left circle jerk.

Its disgusting how ignorant most of you are on world history. Just continuing to pat yourselves on the back for making snide comments about conspiracy theorists while ignoring the potential future implications.
---
balls
#479vigorm0rtisPosted 1/19/2013 2:03:46 AM
CaPwnD posted...

Oh please. The internet is much more filled with liberal minded folks who are just as bad. But I do agree that people like bluestig aren't doing people like me any favors.

I don't know about that... I think moderately minded conservatives are a little embarrassed by the republican brand right now and don't speak out. The lunatic fringe tends to stick to their dimly lit corners of the internet.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#480builder111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:51:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0B_UZNtEk4
---
caps