This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great article about(first hand) mental instability, video games, and violence

#11TheBlueStigPosted 1/17/2013 4:33:04 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
Violent video-games are not a cause of a problem, but a symptom.

How were they a "symptom" in Sandy Hook when Lanza only played DDR games and never played violent games?

How were they a "symptom" in Virginia Tech when Seung-Hui Cho wasn't a gamer at all?

How were they a "symptom" in shootings before videogames were ever f***ing INVENTED ? ? ?

Is there anything you WON'T blame to push your agenda ? ? ?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12TheBlueStigPosted 1/17/2013 4:41:50 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
Nobody has any ****ing solutions

Every shooter so far has been directly linked to prescription psych drugs, and had been on extreme doses of those drugs for many years, some of them before 5 years old so their brains never formed correctly because of those drugs.

Stop letting "child psychologists" put kids as young as 2 years old on massive doses of psych drugs when they don't have a clue how those drugs effect people in the long run.

And before you claim "doctors know what the drugs do", no, they don't, because the truth is hidden from them by big pharma.

http://www.wimp.com/doctorsdrugs/
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#13Splice_Posted 1/17/2013 8:35:30 PM
GGearX posted...
KillaBeAt posted...
Violent video-games are not a cause of a problem, but a symptom. This is not a difficult thing and I don't know why this is even still an argument.

The same thing happened with violent television, the same thing happened with violent movies, the same thing happened with violent music.

The guy is right. There aren't exactly a ton of people who play a violent video-game and suddenly feel the need to kill people (I would say that, from a statistical standpoint, it is pretty close to a non-factor).

This is a cultural problem and, in truth, video-games don't help, even though they aren't responsible and are being scapegoated(I felt the need to reiterate that point)

All video games that have guns should be banned. I played Turok when I was young and it didnt affect me. But back then the graphics were crappy so we KNEW that it was a game. As graphics get better. It's going to become harder and harder for 8 year olds to differentiate between reality and fantasy.

Yeah it's too bad there aren't adults around responsible for the child's well-being...
#14reverence27Posted 1/19/2013 8:57:58 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
KillaBeAt posted...
Nobody has any ****ing solutions

Every shooter so far has been directly linked to prescription psych drugs, and had been on extreme doses of those drugs for many years, some of them before 5 years old so their brains never formed correctly because of those drugs.

Stop letting "child psychologists" put kids as young as 2 years old on massive doses of psych drugs when they don't have a clue how those drugs effect people in the long run.

And before you claim "doctors know what the drugs do", no, they don't, because the truth is hidden from them by big pharma.

http://www.wimp.com/doctorsdrugs/

We also need to look at the issues if untrained gun owners and accessibility of fire arms in the US. Almost all other developed countries have either strict training requirements or strict gun control, and very low to almost non existant gun related crime and homicides. I not saying banning is the answer but more training and regulations should be looked into. And making guns less easily accessible to mentally disturbed children including proper training to parents of mentally disturbed to ensure they are better trained on proper storage of their fire arms in the household to better make these weapons less accessible to the mentally disturbed. Hell maybe requiring children to take 1 semester of ROTC just like they are required PE would at least shape some form of discipline.

http://aattp.org/7-famous-quotes-from-a-tyrannical-gun-grabbing-dictator/

Typing this in my phone, so please excuse any spelling or grammar issues.
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#15reverence27Posted 1/19/2013 9:07:25 PM
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#16TheBlueStigPosted 1/19/2013 9:14:23 PM
reverence27 posted...
Hell maybe requiring children to take 1 semester of ROTC just like they are required PE would at least shape some form of discipline.

1. That's more than likely illegal.

2. Reagan was a career Democrat before he turned traitor and ran for president.

3. No, your grammar mistakes are coming from that fact that you're only 13 and are brainwashed by the left.
---
Ben Franklin
#17velvet_hammerPosted 1/19/2013 9:18:28 PM
stopped reading at http://kotaku
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#18reverence27Posted 1/19/2013 10:02:43 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
reverence27 posted...
Hell maybe requiring children to take 1 semester of ROTC just like they are required PE would at least shape some form of discipline.

1. That's more than likely illegal.

2. Reagan was a career Democrat before he turned traitor and ran for president.

3. No, your grammar mistakes are coming from that fact that you're only 13 and are brainwashed by the left.

Great comeback, keep sticking too it. I am probably old enough to be your father, but what ever helps you sleep at night.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/19/1473881/two-people-accidentally-shot-at-a-gun-show-safety-checkpoint-on-gun-appreciation-day/?mobile=wp

This gun violence issue isn't based on left or right party thinking, both parties have numerous representatives on both sides of the argument. Your necessity to pin left wing brainwashing just proves you fell victim to the Fox News media ratings machine. They can make any uneducated viewer think, say, and post almost word for word anything they put into their simple minds. It is really a shame, if only our youth today would take some time and see the world, learn and experience new things, instead of listening to the crazy rants of mike huckabee, glenn beck, rush limbaugh, and others on fox and their Facebook followers. Try watching bbc or NHk, get an outside perspective without the biased rating whoring media that sells.

Visit another country and see there is more to the world then riding crotch rockets and packing heat. You may feel the need to compensate for what you lack, but there are other ways.
---
#19KID VIDPosted 1/19/2013 10:02:35 PM
They need to ban all Mario Bros. games. It's just encouraging kids to take mushrooms and stomp on defenseless turtles.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#20reverence27Posted 1/19/2013 10:04:26 PM
KID VID posted...
They need to ban all Mario Bros. games. It's just encouraging kids to take mushrooms and stomp on defenseless turtles.

Some Mario games make me violent, just ask my television about Mario super strikers.
---