This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Witcher 2, or Batman Arkham City Game of the Year?

#21fcndPosted 1/17/2013 11:58:50 AM
Witcher 2 is a great RPG. It just takes some time after the prologue to get things going. Plus it's got great replay value with a branching story depending on your decisions.
---
We are all Uniformly Unique.
#22squarex8264Posted 1/17/2013 12:08:03 PM
If you want a fun stealth game that really lets you play however you want, go with Dishonored.

If you want a fun action/adventure game with some nice combat go with Batman.

If you're in the mood for a deep and engrossing RPG, get Witcher 2.

Personaly, as much as I love both Batman and Dishonored, I would recommend getting Batman over Dishonored unless you really are in the mood for some stealth gameplay.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#23HeLeehamPosted 1/17/2013 4:14:05 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
Witcher 2 is a must play if you like RPGs.

Batman is a must play I you like video games

Fix'd
#24foodeater4Posted 1/17/2013 4:18:46 PM
I bought the Witcher 2 on launch day after the gushing reviews but after I completed chapter 1, I just had no interest in playing more. Yeah theres some boobs and sex in the game but overall the characters and story just didnt intrest me much.

Batman AC: Found this boring to. I didnt really like the combat system in these batman games, plus on top of that I'm not really a batman fan, so to me, these games did very little to keep my interest.

Dishonored: I havent played it yet, but its on my list to check out in the future.
#25ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/17/2013 4:19:25 PM
batman. witcher 2 is overhyped by pc elitists
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
#26En Sabah NurPosted 1/17/2013 4:59:52 PM
Witcher 2 is good.

Arkham City is one of the best games this gen.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#27triple sPosted 1/17/2013 5:17:14 PM
This is one of the advantages of PC gaming right here...you could of bought both games for a total of $15 a few weeks ago on Steam.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#28VlayerPosted 1/19/2013 1:27:32 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Vlayer posted...
Get Batman

Witcher 2 is pretty good, but Batman AC is easily GotY material. Story-wise, W2 beats Batman, but not by much, since Batman has a larger amount of great characters. Gameplay-wise, Batman wins by a mile.

Dishonored is weaker than both games however. It's very good when it comes to gameplay, but it severely lacks in the story department. Most(if not all) characters are bland and boring, and it's pretty short in terms of content.

Joking about Dishonored?

Absolutely not joking. It had a unique visual style, but there is nothing unique(or interesting) about the story or the characters.

The relationship between Emily and Corvo is underwhelming, mainly due to the lack of voice on Corvo's part, and also the fact that TWD blew it away with Clementine and Lee.

None of the revolutionists are interesting in anyway, I don't even remember any of their names. Same goes for the targets, I didn't have an opinion on any of them aside from Daud.

I was never engaged by the story, the only thing that kept me playing was the freedom of gameplay.

Meanwhile, The Witcher 2 had an interesting plot with good characters. Batman had some great villains that kept you interested.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#29Manick123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:40:14 AM
Really appreciate all the replies, thanks a lot. Here is what I've done;

A friend of mine has Batman Arkham City, though not the Game of the Year. Decided I would borrow that from him when time comes, it'll spare myself some hands full of , so I went to the gamestore with the thought of getting myself Witcher, to get sucked in the story and lose myself in a beautiful world, but when I got there, they didn't have the game anymore. Seeing I was in a rush and having my thoughts set on getting a game anyway, I got myself Dishonored and decided to search for Witcher when I was done with Dishonored.

I'd say, Dishonored plays like a charm. The graphics could be a lot better but that is to be expected with an Unreal engine, and I don't mind. The game is pretty fun.
---
Betty bought a bit of butter but the butter Betty bought was a bit bitter, so Betty bought a bit of better butter to make the bitter butter better.
#30NightDrifter05Posted 1/21/2013 10:01:06 AM
Batman isn't even in the same league was Witcher 2. The only reason it would have more appeal is because it's way easier and has Batman in the title. In term's of just which game is better Witcher 2 is far superior in every way.